Director of Fan Engagement and Event Management
Coker University is accepting applications for the position of Director of Fan Engagement and Event Management. Coker is a member of NCAA Division II and competes in the South Atlantic Conference. This position will increase the awareness of Coker athletics, drive fan attendance, engage students/fans, enhance the game day experience, foster and champion DEI and maintain an equity mindset, and will support and model the University service standards/
Fan Engagement (50%)
This position will
- direct all day-to-day operations of the Fan Engagement program ;
- collaborate with other external units to develop innovative marketing strategies designed to drive increases in revenue, attendance, and brand awareness across all sport programs;
- creates compelling fan and student engagement initiatives with the goals of delivering memorable and unique experiences for fans and student-athletes;
- coordinates game-day sponsorship fulfillment including, but not limited to: game-day operations, promotions, on-court/on-field promotions and game-day messaging of sponsored content;
- executes student-specific outreach plans in consultation with applicable leadership in the Office of Student Affairs (RSOs, CAB, RAs) and utilizes grassroots marketing strategies to increase student attendance at athletics events;
- coordinates with applicable athletics communications and creative services professionals to effectively use social media to engage fans, increase awareness, and build affinity;
- develops relationships with outside organizations to include in-game promotions, house music, marching/pep bands, and outside spirit groups.
- develops an internship program where prospective athletics professionals can gain experience in developing fan engagement;
- coordinates with the University's Marketing department for help with promotions pre or post event when appropriate;
- support and model the University Service Standards.
- Event Management (50%).
- Will be in charge of all home event game management. This includes setup and breakdown for each Coker Athletics event and ensuring sufficient workers are present and properly trained;
- Assign all work study/interns students to jobs during the event;
- Overseeing and working special events;
- Communication with game officials and opposing teams.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university is required.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Two (2) years of successful intercollegiate administrative experience.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to https://coker.isolvedhire.com/pages/JobOpportunities. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.