Purdue Global Senior Accreditation Program Specialist
The Senior Accreditation Program Specialist is responsible for assuring that Purdue University Global School of Nursing (SON) meets all the requirements for continued accreditation by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and by various professional nursing accrediting organizations and regulatory compliance.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Assessment and Operations SON, this position is responsible for providing consultation and direction to the leadership at Purdue University Global in preparing all reports and requests to accrediting agencies, maintaining Purdue University Global institutional records pertaining to accreditation, and developing and maintaining relationships with communities of interest. The Senior Accreditation Program Specialist works closely with academic leadership who are developing new nursing programs and instructional locations, or are preparing for reaffirmation of accreditation, and with the various Purdue Global departments that contribute to accreditation-related reports and responsibilities.
This position continually monitors progress toward SON accreditation goals and objectives by collecting and analyzing data and communicating with faculty, staff, and other constituents. The Sr. Accreditation Program Specialist interfaces with technical personnel, academic administrators, external accrediting bodies, and other partners to ensure accurate compilation, retention, and submission of data.
Continued Accreditation and Regulatory Compliance.
- Maintain the continued accreditation (institutional and programmatic) of Purdue University Global School of Nursing including completing annual reports and related activities.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data related to faculty qualifications, curriculum standards, enrollment, and other academic activities for the purposes of accreditation, academic program reviews, self-studies, school/college-level decision-making, and other related activities.
- Reviews and ensures accurate completion and timely submission of governmental, University, and other reports as required, with respect to assigned areas of responsibilities.
New Program Development.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with professional nursing standards and guidelines and state regulatory requirements when developing and implementing new programs for the School of Nursing.
- Provides technical and professional guidance, consultation and support to faculty, staff, school/college administrators, and other related personnel as it pertains to the school/college's progress toward accreditation, collection of data, and other related activities.
- Maintain an archive of reports and documents for institutional accreditation, programmatic accreditation, and regulatory agencies. Success will be assessed by the accuracy and completeness of the archive.
- Develop relationships with communities of interest that conduct accreditation and promote academic and institutional quality improvement.
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact for internal and external constituencies as it relates to school/college data; directly liaises with accrediting bodies and compiles reports and information for dissemination to University administrators and core offices.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution and other credentials as established by the School.
- Four or more years' successful experience with institutional and/or programmatic accreditation agencies and processes; or equivalent experience in project management of formal quality assurance or continuous quality improvement
- Current RN licensure required.
- Exceptional computer skills
- Excellence in written and oral communication
- Strong ability to maintain order and accuracy
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build networks and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of continuous quality improvement management principles and practices.
- Advanced research, analytical, critical thinking, and report writing skills.
- Ability to synthesize and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and prepare and present reports effectively.
- Independent work ethic and desire for excellence
- This position is a remote (work from home) position and can be worked anywhere in the U.S.
- Purdue University Global will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)