Grants and Finance Administrator
The Division of Science at Brandeis University is currently seeking a Grants and Finance Administrator. This is a position responsible for the administration, management, and oversight of University funds as well as Federal, non-federal, Foundation, and other sponsored programs awarded to faculty in the Division of Science, which includes the Departments of Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Math, Neuroscience and Physics.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Managing/overseeing the budgeting, reconciling, and reporting for all Division of Science University funds including department operating and discretionary accounts, gift funds, endowment accounts, and recharge centers. (40%)
- Tracking information for sponsored accounts including updating budgets as needed, projecting personnel and non-personnel expenses, monitoring accounts, reviewing account records for accuracy, reconciling all accounts to Workday and generating reports monthly for the Principal Investigators. Work with Sponsored Programs Accounting to review budgets for submission. Also responsible for monitoring grants to avoid over expending and working with the Sponsored Programs Accounting office to facilitate accurate close-out of the accounts. (30%)
- Administering accurate grant policy management for grant funded projects, including interpretation and articulation of sponsor regulations for guidelines/requirements, and university policies. Manages the allocation of funds and monitors expenditures activities for compliance to regulations of granting agencies and university policies from start to close. Complete funding analysis on a monthly basis to ensure grant expenditure according to federal, sponsor, and university guidelines and application. (10%)
- Assisting with developing budgets, tracking personnel salaries, processing carry-forwards, re-budget or revisions to grant budgets, preventing or resolving cost over-runs. Work with personnel in the Division of Science administrative groups as well as Sponsored Programs Accounting, Office of Research Administration, Procurement, Payroll, A&S Dean, and other offices to correct errors or overages. (10%)
- Meeting with the Grants and Finance Manager to advise on grant related activities. Instructs new staff of policies and procedures related to Sponsored Programs. (5%)
- Other duties as required. (5%)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferable in finance or accounting required, Master's degree preferred
- 3-5 years related work experience required
- Experience with post-award grant management at the departmental level would be a big plus.
Brandeis University is committed to providing its students, faculty and staff with an environment conducive to learning and working and where all people are treated with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, caste, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or Massachusetts law.