Business Analyst, Finance
Kennesaw State University
Business and Financial Services
Job ID: 244750
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a higher education community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country and one of the largest in the state of Georgia offering more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. Our university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. We are growing and searching for talented people to join our mission!
Serves as the liaison between functional and technical teams by understanding and conceptualizing applications from each area's point of view. Responsible for conducting financial data analysis, design, collection, and report solutions to satisfy and support finance stakeholders. Monitors the quality of various technical and functional business processes, identifies data issues, and provides resolutions. Responsibilities will include collecting requirements, developing reports and dashboards, testing, assisting with the implementation of new software applications, process improvements, and training to support the objectives of the Institution.
1. Interfaces with clients to define business processes, specifications, reporting needs, and functional requirements
2. Designs report and dashboard mock-ups to effectively meet business needs
3. Documents system processes, functionality and implements improvements as applicable
4. Develops and maintains user manuals, training documents and guidelines
5. Conducts meetings with end users to clarify issues, gather requirements, and resolve requests
6. Devises test plans to ensure that the outcome meets the specified requirements and expectations of business users
7. Develops and implements reports and dashboards to provide up-to-date information on functional actives
8. Maintains issues log and collaborates with team to mitigate risks and proactively searches for improvement opportunities
9. Prioritizes problem resolution based on business need, timelines, and scale of impact
10. Presents data resolution findings to relevant stakeholders with recommendations to ensure business needs are meet
11. Designs, builds, implements, and maintains Oracle SQL scripts and procedures in Oracle backend finance data warehouse SQL development software
12. Consults finance users on current and future data visualization and reporting solutions to identify customer needs
13. Provides backup support for operational and technical processes, and system changes
14. Administrator of PeopleSoft eProcurement responsibilities
15. Hosts training sessions on the system applications
16. Maintains content on the department and division webpage
17. Maintains financial data integrity
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Four (4) years previous experience in Business, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology or Systems Analysis
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Working knowledge of fund accounting, budget and finance
Strong IT and Financial skills
Experience with reporting/query tools and coding in Tableau, SAS, SAS Enterprise Guide, Oracle Databases, and/or SQL (or gathering data from other relation database systems)
Extensive experience in data analysis, dashboards, analytics and decision support systems
Experience successfully working as part of a team with a collaborative approach to problem solving
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to work autonomously and with managers to ensure business requirements and needs are met
Able to communicate in financial and technical terms
Able to communicate complex technical concepts to the end-users
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to understand programming concepts such as structured and object-oriented programming
Understanding of database concepts such as schemas and data relationships
Knowledge of relational databases
Familiar with API concepts such as web services
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Polished and professional demeanor
Self-motivated with the ability to learn new concepts quickly
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education