Director of Health Services, Nurse Practitioner
About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE). Curry College offers 22 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
The Curry College mission is to educate and graduate students prepared to engage in successful careers and active citizenship with a global perspective. We are an inclusive community of diverse learners and educators, committed to continuing our legacy of developing effective communicators with reflective and critical thinking skills. We mentor and empower our students, building meaningful relationships that inspire them to achieve their ambitions.
Curry College provides rigorous and relevant academic programs to undergraduate and graduate students, and our rich blend of liberal arts and career-directed programs is enhanced by practical field experiences and co-curricular activities. Learning at Curry extends beyond the classroom and is embedded in all that we do.
Diversity and a culture of equity and inclusion among students, faculty and staff are crucial to the mission statement of Curry College.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
The Director of Curry College Health Services is a full-time exempt, benefit eligible appointment. The Director of Curry College Health Services has four primary functions in the College Health Service: (1) Responsibility for the administration and management of activities of Curry College Health Service, (2) Provision of comprehensive health care to the students of Curry College and (3) Oversee COVID related initiatives for the Curry College student body. (4) Supports the Executive Team of the College on the implementation of the COVID Policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
The Director is responsible for coordinating all health services at Curry College that influence and impact the health and well-being of the students. As a clinician, the Director provides comprehensive health care and has an established network for specialty care needs of the students. In addition, the Director is responsible for developing educational services that enhance the health and wellness of Curry students. The role of Director of health services assumes a leadership role in defining goals, standards, policies and procedures. S/he demonstrates comprehensive clinical knowledge, facilitates a professional collaboration between colleagues and creates an environment that promotes growth and development of Curry College Health Service.
- Responsible for the overall design and coordination of a comprehensive student health program that provides consistent, confidential and quality care to the undergraduate students of Curry College;
- Maintains and updates policies and procedures;
- Monitor the public health and safety of the college population by ensuring proper immunization compliance and implementing measures to minimize the spread of communicable diseases;
- Provides consultation and oversight to COVID related safety measures including surveillance testing, daily symptom monitoring, case investigation/contact tracing and isolation/quarantine housing;
- Serves as a resource to Human Resources in the implementation of the COVID policies for Faculty and Staff;
- Manages the annual budget and plans for the needs of staff, capital equipment/improvements, supplies and services;
- Responsible for hiring and training new staff;
- Responsible for completion of annual competencies and performance evaluations for Health Center staff;
- Serves on various campus committees and work groups;
- Maintains clinic statistics and reports using appropriate database;
- Intervenes, as necessary, on issues relating to patient complaints, health care providers concern and operational issues, and takes measures to correct situation or ensures appropriate personnel are involved;
- Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating health promotion programs that meet the health education needs of the Curry students;
- Maintains necessary clinic certifications and compliance with governmental regulations such as OSHA, and CLIA;
- Participates in Student Affairs activities including orientation sessions, open houses, accepted student day, staff training, commencement and registration.
- Provides medical care and treatment for acute and stable chronic illnesses to undergraduate students at Curry College;
- Provides medical care oversight and treatment for COVID-19 illnesses to undergraduate students at Curry College;
- Performs history and physical examinations, formulation or care plans, ordering and interpreting laboratory and diagnostic tests and provides education to students;
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy or related therapeutic procedures;
- Document clinical encounters via an EMR clearly, precisely and in a timely manner;
- Follows established protocols and consults with supervising physician on a regular and as needed basis;
- Provides medical advice and information to students during each visit to ensure understanding of their condition and treatment;
- Consults with specialist or outside providers in regard to student information, continuity of care and treatment;
- Refers students to emergency services or specialty providers when appropriate;
- Collaborates with other departments on campus and participates in wellness-related programs and activities;
- Follows confidentiality /FERPA guidelines and collaborates with the College administration on cases involving student medical situations when needed.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor of his/her designee.
- Master's or DNP degree in nursing as a nurse practitioner from an approved school of nursing.
- Current licensure in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as a registered nurse in the expanded role of adult or family nurse practitioner.
- Three years' experience as a family or adult nurse practitioner in a college health, urgent care or primary care setting.
- Holds current valid Massachusetts Controlled Substance registration number from the Department of Public Health.
- Holds a current, valid US DEA Controlled substance registration number.
- Holds current certification in BLS for Healthcare Providers.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Excel).
- Demonstrated leadership, management, and administrative skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with a diverse student population.
- Maintain a high standard of professional ethics consistent with the guidelines of the American College Health Association
- A minimum of three years of management experience in a college health or urgent care preferred.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, Curry College will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at Rachel.email@example.com, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617) 289-0111.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit the following:
- a cover letter;
- a resume; and;
- a list of three professional references, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.