Head, Learning Experience (LX) Design Services
Job Title: Head, Learning Experience (LX) Design Services
Division: Academic Affairs
Evaluation Group: Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director, Faculty Development
Positions Supervised: Instructional Designers I and II; Specialist, Instructional Technology
The head, learning experience (LX) design services oversees the Learning Experience Design Services Team, comprised of instructional designers and instructional technologists. Working with the director, faculty development this role provides support to faculty for the effective design and delivery of teaching and learning across any modality.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be required of positions given this title. This job description shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Job Responsibilities and Execution
- Provides leadership and supervision for the Learning Experience Design Team, including hiring, onboarding, evaluating, and supporting the team members
- Establishes synergies between instructional design and faculty development, working toward a holistic model of support for teaching and learning
- Prioritizes projects and other activities for team members
- Partners with the director, faculty development to assess faculty needs and work to address said needs in terms of programming and support
- Reports progress toward priorities and objectives to the director, faculty development
- Provides quality assurance for the instructional design of courses that are developed through the LX Design Services Team
- Aligns work to Lindenwood’s rigor, inclusiveness, support, and engagement (RISE) framework for teaching and learning and takes opportunities to engage others in this work
- Supports the mission of the University and serves as an ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
- Models, supports, and holds others accountable to the University’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity, and teamwork
- Intentionally acts with empathy to provide a safe space that welcomes all to participate in the work of social justice, economic growth, community wellness, and environmental sustainability
Communication, Teamwork, and Collaboration
- Communicates effectively with external constituents and community partners
- Uses social media to promote the work of faculty, students, and community partners
- Collaborates with colleagues across multiple divisions within Academic Affairs
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. Additional requirements may be designated by position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in instructional design, curriculum and instruction, or similar field preferred
- At least three years’ experience in higher education or equivalent related experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform this job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite for virtual and in-person collaboration
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to build and lead a team effectively
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of this job’s functions.
- General office setting
- Periodic visits to external sites and venues
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work effectively at a computer for up to eight hours daily
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function