Alumni Relations Officer/Regional Outreach
Alumni Relations, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
- Fordham University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- We offer tuition remission for employees and their dependents
- A generous immediate employer match towards a 403(b) retirement plan.
- As a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC), Fordham is considered a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, a federal program designed to forgive student loan debt for employees of certain public and certain nonprofit employers.
- As part of its work-life balance program, the University provides generous PTO including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, 2 personal days, 6 summer Fridays, and holidays that include paid time off between Christmas and New year.
- University employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides no-cost, professional, and confidential services, to help employees and family members address a variety of personal, family, life, and work-related issues.
The Alumni Relations Officer, Regional Outreach reports to the Director of Alumni Relations, Regional Outreach.
Presidential Regional Tour
- Supports all aspects of the planning and execution of the annual regional tour (20-25 events), as assigned.
- Manages registration process, including general event inquiries, phone registrations, email registrations, staff registrations, RSVP spreadsheets, name tags, and walk-ins.
- Travels to approximately 50-75% of regional events to support on-site logistics, including event set-up, check-in, and customer service.
Regional Alumni Chapter Management
- Guides the volunteer leadership, management, and development of approximately 25-35 domestic and international regional alumni chapters and related programs to create and sustain vibrant relationships between the University these chapters.
- Assists volunteer leadership in the implementation of appropriate activity plans for each chapter, including regular phone calls and email correspondence to brainstorm and establish all elements of event coordination and communication.
- Designs and implements new and creative strategies to maximize chapter effectiveness and increase volunteer involvement.
- Takes an active role in both chapter formation and chapter leadership transition.
- Develops specific event and marketing strategies to increase event/program attendance.
Marketing and Administration
- Builds all regional/chapter event registration pages (Anthology Encompass) and creates and coordinates regional/chapter email marketing (MailChimp).
- Runs queries and reports as necessary to produce constituent lists (mailing, email, local chapter members).
- Creates regular regional/chapter postings for social media.
- Determines content for and creates bi-annual e-newsletter for regional chapter leaders.
- Handles mailing of giveaways and/or gifts to local chapters and to Presidential event locations.
- Secures regional University representatives for college and university Presidential inaugurations throughout the year.
- Processes invoices for regional/chapter events.
- Assists, as assigned, with planning and execution of approximately 15 summer send-off receptions for incoming students and families.
- Handles general alumni inquiries, including contact information updates, event information requests, etc., in a timely and professional manner.
- Utilizes appropriate metrics to measure, assess, and analyze regional alumni activity.
- Identifies, recommends, and stewards alumni for greater University involvement in areas such as
- FAST, the Fordham Mentorship Network, the Career Center, etc.
- Reports to the Director for Alumni Relations (Regional Outreach)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or related field.
- Minimum two years of direct experience in alumni relations, advancement, or related experience.
- Event planning experience along with a demonstrated track record in successfully managing multiple projects.
- Superior organizational, interpersonal skills, and digital skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be creative and be a self-starter.
- Must be comfortable interacting with a large number of event attendees, speaking in social settings, and portraying a professional image to all internal and external constituents, including high-level donors and Fordham administration.
- Candidates will be required to travel and work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/3157
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories