Academic Administrative Professional II
Posting Number: req10521
Department: College of Nursing
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1305 N Martin Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThis position provides local support for assigned division within the University of Arizona College of Nursing. The Faculty Coordinator will work directly with the department chair, other department leadership and department faculty to manage the process for faculty life including faculty recruitment, appointment, promotion and tenure, annual reviews and other annual projects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate faculty annual reviews via UAVitae to include assigning peer reviewers to each faculty and scheduling program director and division chair reviews.
- Coordinate division faculty meetings including scheduling events, creating and sending invites, communicating with speakers and compiling and finalizing PowerPoint presentations.
- Coordinate continuing education (CE) events for the department as needed.
- Prepare department faculty reports as requested.
- Assist department chair with other faculty related requests, as needed.
- Coordinate new faculty rank recommendation correspondence to the college level Faculty Appointments, Promotion and Tenure Committee
- Coordinate department promotion process activities for existing faculty, including scheduling, preparing dossiers, formal correspondence to the college level Faculty Appointments, Promotion and Tenure Committee, and documenting meeting outcomes.
Faculty Recruitment Support
- Coordinates all activities for faculty recruitment process which include, reviewing CV and submitted faculty documents for completeness. Coordinates with applicants for missing materials.
- Prepares search materials for on going committees, manages the cadence and format for interviews.
- Communicates with applicants
- Schedules interviews, builds on-site visit agendas and may coordinate reimbursements (if needed)
- Close out search (dispositions candidates)
- Coordinates with College HR Representative to coordinate first day and new hires readiness activities.
Faculty Management (database management)
- Maintains database of all faculty indexing (FTE, workload, specialty, availability, program, etc.) to resource course scheduling and coverage
- Prepares reports in anticipation in gaps in course faculty coverage
- Manages Teaching Assignment Management Software (TAMS) and cross-references accuracy of data across systems
- Coordinates data collection for various annual institutional and national accreditation surveys (ex: Student graduation information, employment information, etc)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
* Experience in an academic environment.
* Previous experience reviewing interpreting and applying policy language (ex: bylaws, insuring agreements, contract or other transferable experience.
* Previous experience in healthcare.
* Previous experience managing client or student or other database.
* Previous experience guiding and supporting work groups (committees).
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,463 - $70,037
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Connie Miller | firstname.lastname@example.org | 520-626-1787
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.