Full Stack Software Developer (Remote)
Full Stack Software Developer (Remote) - Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for aFull Stack Software Developer (remote) with the Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute.
Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute is the premier multidisciplinary institute for patient care, research, and teaching in West Virginia and the region. We celebrated the opening of our new Innovation Center on May 15, 2019. The RNI's flagship facilities are located on the Health Sciences campus in Morgantown. Find out more about our outstanding work and contributions today at: https://wvumedicine.org/rni/rni-homepage/newsroom/
About the Opportunity
The Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a remote Full Stack Software Developer who will assist the Research Operations team in developing systems to support data collection and analysis for various research programs (i.e. substance use disorder, chronic pain, human performance, Alzheimer's and dementia). Development projects will support tools that are cloud-base, mobile, virtual reality, and computer based tasks. This position will assist the director of Software Architecture on research and development projects. Due to the nature of the projects, the potential candidate must be a U.S citizen.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
* 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
* 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
* A range of health insurance and various other benefits
* Dependent Education Scholarship
* WVU Perks
* And More!!
What you'll do:
- Work independently and/or with a research team to carry out applied research projects focused on understanding and improving human health.
- Gathering and translating requirements for the development of software solutions that will facilitate achieving our research and commercialization efforts.
- Work with the research team and other consultants to assure that program functionality is maintained, usability is prioritized for all classes of users, and data integrity is assured throughout the entire process.
- Ability to identify, report, and resolve issues quickly and demonstrate, through testing and evaluation, that issues have been remediated.
- Provide continuous improvement suggestions with a cost/benefit perspective relying on experience and deep knowledge of software lifecycles.
- Lead mobile development in implementing best practices and technologies
- Participate and contribute in building product roadmap and cross-platform strategy
- BS or higher in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or other related disciplines.
- Five (5) years of experience:
- Experience with AWS/AWS-Gov cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS Amplify, Cognito, and serverless
- Strong professional coding experience in creating multi-platform apps for iOS and Android using Flutter and React development frameworks
- Experience in designing and implementing user interface with a variety of end-user workflows
- Experience of developing 'gamification' apps
- Expertise in producing and consuming APIs
- Experience in implementing CI/CD pipelines for building and deploying the software
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations
- Must have working knowledge of the GitHub
- Must have working knowledge of information exchanging concepts (database, API, and any other standard data exchange protocols)
- Must have working knowledge of SQL, and databases
- Health care research industry experience is a plus
About Research Corporation
Why WVU Research Corporation?
WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for startup companies based on University research.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jun 16, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes