Department of Otolaryngology - Chair Opportunity
University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) - Galveston, Texas
UTMB Health is a $2.2 billion health science center comprised of five hospitals, an extensive network of outpatient clinics, and Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Health Professions, Public and Population Health, as well as a Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, three institutes and over 10 exceptional research centers. UTMB has a long and remarkable history of advancing health sciences education, research, and patient care. It was the first academic health center in Texas and is home to the state's first schools of medicine, nursing, and allied health sciences. UTMB is also home to the Galveston National Laboratory, one of only two laboratories conducting research on a university campus at the BSL-4 level in the U.S. Overall research funding has increased 20% over the past five years to $132 million and UTMB ranks 54th nationally in NIH funding among medical schools. UTMB also ranks as a five-star hospital by Vizient, for superior performance in providing high quality care. For more information, visit https://www.utmb.edu/
The UTMB Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery consists of a faculty of driven individuals, trained at leading centers throughout our country now exercising their expertise both on Galveston Island and the Mainland. We actively engage in medical student and resident education, cutting edge basic and clinical science research, and most importantly, exemplary individualized care for our patients. https://www.utmb.edu/oto/
Professor and Chair Department of Otolaryngology - The University of Texas Medical Branch is actively seeking a Chair for the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. The Department Chair will provide leadership and direction to the department for all existing programs, look to expand and develop new programs, and lead the faculty on matters of curriculum, instruction, research, diversity, scholarship, service, and clinical enterprise. The Chair will oversee the Department's performance across all missions of the Institution.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions:
- Provide leadership and direction to strategic initiatives that will build and expand patient care services
- Promote excellence in patient care, research, and education
- Develop and expand the research capacity of the department
- Responsible for faculty recruitment, retention, and development
- Oversee and be held accountable for the fiscal resources including space and equipment allocated to the Department
- Manage expenditures and build programs that continue to generate revenues to achieve a balanced operational budget
- Foster a climate of academic excellence, collaboration, and interdisciplinary initiatives that are compliant with UT System regulations and policies
- Contribute to a department culture that promotes collaborative decision-making, and affirms equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Serve as a representative for the Department on Health System, Institutional, and Executive Committees
- Develop and strengthen alumni relationships
- MD or DO degree from an accredited institution
- Eligible for an appointment at the Professor level
- Board Certification in all related fields
- Ability to obtain an unrestricted Texas state medical license
Income Package: Salary will be commensurate with Academic rank, qualifications, experience, and educational background. In addition, UTMB offers a superior benefits package, an excellent retirement program, a relocation allowance as well as many other potential incentives.
Living in South Houston and Galveston, Texas: Galveston Island is home to approximately 50,000 residents and is known for its 32 miles of Gulf Coast beaches, temperate climate, wide array of leisure and cultural activities, and affordable cost of living - all just south of Houston, the 4 th largest city in the US. More information about UTMB and Galveston can be found on the UTMB Living Website: http://www.utmb.edu/utmbliving/
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter and current Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Skott Harrington via email, email@example.com . Please be sure to include a preferred contact method.
* Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veteran's and individuals with disabilities.