Director of Assessment and Institutional Research
Saint Vincent College currently has a opening for a Director of Assessment and Institutional Research. This is a full-time position with benefits. The Director of Assessment and Institutional Research will gather, analyze, report, and disseminate a variety of information to support administrative and academic requirements. DAIR is responsible for federal, state, and local reporting as well as ad hoc reporting to various independent organizations and consortiums. DAIR is the chairperson of the Academic Assessment Committee and oversees the systematic process of assessment of student learning outcomes.
Education: Master’s degree
Experience:. 2 years experience in institutional research preferred; 2 years in higher education required
1. Coordinating, supporting, and documenting the assessment process for all academic programs to ensure that an organized, systematic, and sustained cycle drives improvement of student learning, allocation of resources, revision of existing programs, and development of new programs,
2. Chairing the Academic Assessment Committee, meet with school deans and chairs annually to provide written and oral feedback on Departmental Assessment Reports (DARs).
3. Complete external surveys for governments and guidebooks (IPEDS, PDE, Middle States, Common Data Set, US News and World Report, etc.)
4. Design or review and administer surveys (NSSE, HEDS RPS, etc).
5. Perform data analyses based on census/freeze date, survey results, grade analysis, enrollment projections, etc.
6. Disseminate results of research projects and surveys to appropriate offices particularly President’s Council and Board of Directors to drive data-driven decision making.
7. Prepare annual Fact Book.
8. Prepare Data Profile Sheets to all deans and department chairpersons to aid in effective and efficient use of resources including making the case for new or replacement hires.
9. Annually submit NCAA graduation rate report.
10. Keep up-to-date with happenings in higher education through a basic, regular, environmental scan.
11. Data warehousing and collection (freezing the data on the 5th Wednesday of the fall and spring semesters).
12. Prepare information to support accreditation efforts including Annual Institutional Update, Periodic Review Report and Self-Study.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three references.