Athletic Communications Intern
Franklin & Marshall College is recruiting for a part-time Athletic Communications Intern.
Franklin & Marshall College is a residential college dedicated to excellence in undergraduate liberal education. Its aims are to inspire in young people of high promise and diverse backgrounds a genuine and enduring love for learning, to teach them to read, write, and think critically, to instill in them the capacity for both independent and collaborative action, and to educate them to explore and understand the natural, social and cultural worlds in which they live. In so doing, the College seeks to foster in its students qualities of intellect, creativity, and character, that they may live fulfilling lives and contribute meaningfully to their occupations, their communities, and their world.
Lancaster: A Great Place to Live!
The campus is located in a residential neighborhood in Lancaster, PA, a vital, historic city in a county of over 500,000 residents, with easy access to Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York, and Washington, D.C. Lancaster offers both a diverse, urban environment and lush, rolling farmland. Residents enjoy charming historic districts and historical landmarks, a vibrant arts and cultural scene, and dining and shopping to suit every taste.
The part-time non-exempt Athletics Communication Intern is responsible for the operation of media, public relations and game day duties. The successful candidate will assist with running stat programs at home events, writing press releases for both home and away events, managing athletics web site, game management and working special events.
- Assist in scheduling and organizing coverage for contests. Communicates schedules to athletes and department personnel. Assure facilities and equipment are prepared in advance of games/meets. Provide communications on competitions and student athlete success to media outlets, alumni and parents. Gather and disseminate individual, team and opponents statistical data through regular sports information channels.
- Assist with production of all live events including broadcasts, video board productions, control room operations, tape and graphic operations. Assist with management of digital engagement platforms including all websites and social media platforms.
- Assist Athletic staff in the coordination of events including club sports, varsity sports and external rentals.
- Provide quality and responsive customer service.
- Bachelor's degree
- One to three years of work experience required (Student employment is acceptable).
- Ability to earn Large Van Certification within first 90 days of employment required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Google Suite required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations and games rules and regulations and safe coaching practices preferred.
The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Because this position works with minors (non F&M students under the age of 18) please review the link below that includes information regarding the protection of minors. This link also outlines information regarding a mandatory training you must complete prior to working with minors. The online training course must be completed at least once every two years by faculty, staff and Franklin & Marshall students who interact with minors
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
Franklin & Marshall College requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by sending a scanned copy of their completed vaccination card to Human Resources. Employees may request a religious or medical vaccination exemption by contacting Human Resources.
Part-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff enjoy access to all College facilities, including dining venues to suit all tastes, free access to recreation and fitness facilities for the employee dependent family members, free access to College libraries, plus free or reduced access to most College performances, lectures, and events, on-site professional development workshops, and health and wellness activities. Discounts are available on Lancaster YMCA memberships, long-term care insurance, and the campus bookstore. Medical benefits are not available to part-time employees.
All resumes and cover letters must be submitted via this online process. We regret we are unable to accept applications or resumes submitted via mail, email, or fax.
As you are submitting your application via this online process, please ensure that you provide an accurate email address. You will then receive an acknowledgment indicating that your application materials have been received.