Assistant/Associate Director of Sorority or Fraternity Life
The purpose of the Assistant/Associate Director of Sorority or Fraternity Life position is to provide increased leadership responsibilities and ensure the success of all Greek Chapters at Hanover College. This position will be an advocate for Greek Life at Hanover College.
- This position is a part of the Student Life Office and will support the long-term and short-term goals of the office. They will have a broad scope of knowledge of the operations of Student Life and the guiding principles of the department.
- This position will supervise up to 4 student staff members, Greek Residence Managers. This position will collaborate with Residence Life Staff on selection and training of Greek Residence Managers.
- Staff meetings
- This is a live on position and this position will serve in the Student Life administrator on call rotation.
- Assume responsibility for the facilities/residential oversight of 4-chapter facilities.
- Building opening and closing management
- Health & Safety Checks
- Roster Management
- Maintenance Work Orders and Communication
- Contract Management
i. HES (housekeeping)
ii. Parkhurst (dining services)
- Policy enforcement
- Advise corresponding governing council (recruitment, programming, leadership development, budget). This will be in coordination with the Officers of the NPC/ IFC Council leadership. Coordinate efforts with the Greek Community to foster leadership development and individual student development.
- Work with alumni leaders, chapter advisors, and house corporations to support the chapter operations, goals, and traditions of the individual chapters. Communicate with (Inter)National Headquarters staff as needed to collaborate and continue partnerships
- Demonstrated skills in:
- Greek Life
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Conflict management
- Crisis management
- Risk management (alcohol and hazing awareness and prevention)
- Helping Skills (low level)
- Enhanced Diversity Training
- Leadership development
- Administrative management