Location: Victoria, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 201400490
- Position Summary
Victoria College's Department of College Advancement & VC Foundation is hiring for a full-time Finance Specialist. This position is responsible for the day-to-day accounting functions. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Finance Specialist will be involved with scholarship balances, chart of accounts, bank reconcilements, VCF audit, managed agency accounts, monthly financial statements, grant reconciliations and other duties as assigned.Victoria College embraces equity and inclusion and has been a respected community partner in the Crossroads region since 1925 and continues to offer quality, affordable educational opportunities to help our students achieve their dreams.
Victoria has a low cost of living with easy access to the Gulf of Mexico, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.
This position is benefits eligible.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide scholarship balances and monitor unencumbered funds.
- Maintain Chart of Accounts for VC Foundation which includes chart maintenance, monitoring bank account balances and processing all financial entries: journal entries, accounts payable/VC reimbursements, due to/from VC.
- Maintain financial records for the VC Foundation including bank reconcilements and various monthly and annual reconciliations/processes. Prepare Form 1099 annually.
- Work annually on VC Foundation audit, coordinate information to the auditor, prepare reports and help facilitate the audit process.
- Maintain and monitor managed agency account, process investments and withdrawals, endowment worksheet and balances, prepare annual endowment statements to donors.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and 3 year rolling average report for VCF committee & board meetings.
- Coordinate with insurance provider on annual coverage for VCF.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Victoria College's main computer program/database. Work in Test environment as requested to ensure continuation of processes.
- Provide good stewardship and maintain working knowledge & understanding of funds held in VC Foundation.
- Help maintain office and grant workflow by assisting with technical processes, including reconciliations, grant database updates, deadline reminders, effort report analysis, and annual inventory reconciliation
- Maintain working knowledge of and process interface between Raiser's Edge and Victoria College's main computer program/database.
- Monitor balances/reports between the systems to ensure accuracy of VC Foundation's finances.
- Assist with functions hosted by College Advancement & External Affairs.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or five years related work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Three years' experience in accounting or finance required.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles and investment tools.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Explorer.
- Understanding of non-profit operations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with college personnel and the public.
- Strong human relations skills, independent judgement, written skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in composing correspondence and other documents.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and experience with executive level office management.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and independent judgement.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, procedures and reports.
- Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle controls, key pads, etc. Will be required to sit and reach with hands and arms as well as, sit, stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds while loading office supplies and paper. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, some color vision, and the ability to adjust focus from documents to computer screen. Hearing of light to moderate sound is required by this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.