Parent Coordinator (PT) - Center for Excellence in Disabilities (Remote)
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Parent Coordinator (Remote) part-timewiththe Center for Excellence in Disabilities
About the Opportunity
This full-remote, part-time, non-benefit eligible position will work within the WVUCED's Family-to-Family Health Information Center. The Parent Coordinator is a parent who has life experience with a child with special health care needs, is able to skillfully navigate care within the medical and educational systems of West Virginia, and works collaboratively with WVU staff to coordinate Project DOCC (Delivery of Chronic Care) experiences for inter-professional learners from WVU Health Sciences.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a variety of options to suit your needs:
* WVU Perks
* And More!!
What you'll do:
- Will work with the PI to implement grants management and project evaluation activities.
- Provide one-on-one service to families giving resources, information, and support in navigating systems of care.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule parent presenters monthly for WVU Project DOCC (Delivery of Chronic Care)
- Document and submit to program assistant all data from family services and trainings
- Recruit and train new, eligible parents to serve as parent presenters in the WVU Project DOCC (Delivery of Chronic Care)
- Participate in staff meetings, case review sessions, and Parent Advisory Board meetings when requested
- Assist with online Circle of Parents meetings when requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months of related work or volunteer experience in serving children with special needs. Basic understanding of disability and health services and policies; Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate verbally and non-verbally with families and professionals and to develop professional, supportive, compassionate relationships with them.
- Thorough/demonstrated knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and mathematical calculations.
- Must be proficient in the use of PC and related software programs, including databases and spreadsheets.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, practices and protocol.
- Ability to independently identify appropriate applications of a wide variety of complex written policies and procedures in circumstances not clearly described by available guidelines.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- The ability to travel to WVUs regional campuses and/or within the multi-state area is required.
About Research Corporation
The WVURC was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
The WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for start-up companies based on University research.
Creating an inclusive, engaged, and dynamic environment is core to WVURC's mission. We welcome candidates who can contribute a range of ideas, approaches and experiences.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Jun 14, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No