Assistant Professor- Department of Health and Human Performance/MSAT Program
Tarleton State University seeks applications, nominations and expressions of interest for the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Health and Human Performance, in the School of Kinesiology.
Applications accepted online at www.tarleton.edu
Assistant Professor, Department of Health and Human Performance
- 80% Teaching/Service – Required to teach four courses (12 hours) in each long term (Fall & Spring). Summer term teaching will be based on need and budget availability. Primary teaching will be within the Master of Science in Athletic Training but other appropriate courses will be assigned based on need to serve the Department of Health & Human Performance and School of Kinesiology. This position involves other related teaching duties, such as mentoring students within the department, curriculum evaluation and development, program development, and other duties related to teaching as assigned. Teaching also requires faculty to remain current in their field, align courses to innovations in the field, and maintain relevance and rigor. All programs associated with the Department of Health & Human Performance are offered face-to-face, hybrid, and online. Service responsibilities would include serving on a variety of committees at the departmental, school, college, university, professional, and community levels commensurate with the rank of Assistant Professor.
- 20% Scholarship – Produce a record of sustained scholarship in the form of discipline-specific publications, presentations, seeking internal and external to support research efforts and the department.
- Candidate must hold terminal degree in Athletic Training, Biomechanics, Kinesiology, Human Performance, Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Movement Science, Rehabilitation Science or closely related field by time of appointment. Candidate must also be a certified athletic trainer (BOC) and be eligible for Texas state licensure (LAT) upon hire.
- Requires the ability to teach and/or work remotely at the discretion of the University.
- Teaching experience at the college-level.
- Demonstrated experience in service and scholarly activities.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.