Part time Japanese Language Instructor
WCC is Hiring Now for Part time Japanese Language Instructors to teach On Campus starting Fall 2022.
Exceptions may be made to teach online. You must have an earned Master’s degree or higher from a regionally-accredited institution in Japanese language or culture OR master’s degree with a minimum 18 graduate credits in Japanese language OR master’s degree and “Distinguished” or “Superior” rating on the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) Tests for Higher Education in Japanese OR fluent native speaker.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain environment conducive to student learning.
- Prepare for and instruct assigned course(s) through the use of appropriate learning experiences and materials which provide the opportunity to meet overall course objectives and program goals.
- Adhere to course syllabus and comply with Assessment of Student Academic Achievement.
- Evaluate student progress through day to day evaluation, written examinations and overall observation.
- Grade assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth, returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines for completion.
- Actively support student success through guidance, advising and assisting individual students as needed.
- Participate in professional activities including, but not limited to, curriculum planning, examination development, textbook selection, program evaluation/revision and other professional planning activities.
- Participate in the Student Opinion Questionnaire (SOQ) process.
- Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including compliance training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Earned Master’s degree or higher from a regionally-accredited institution in Japanese language or culture OR master’s degree with a minimum 18 graduate credits in Japanese language OR master’s degree and “Distinguished” or “Superior” rating on the ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) Tests for Higher Education in Japanese OR fluent native speaker.
- Recent, successful, post-secondary teaching experience in Japanese language courses.
Please complete all sections of the application and submit required documents. Our college strives to make a positive difference in people’s lives through accessible and excellent educational programs and services. Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on the success of our students, faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment. Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.