Executive Assistant, Department of Surgery (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
Posting Number: req10567
Department: COM Phx Surgery
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
Position HighlightsThis is an exciting opportunity to become part of a fast-growing college. The College of Medicine - Phoenix is seeking an experienced administrative assistant who is ready for their next career move as an Executive Assistant (Administrative Support Professional I) in the Department of Surgery. This position will work closely with the Division leadership physically located at Banner University Medical Center- Phoenix and the Biomedical Sciences Partnership Building to manage their day-to-day research, educational and administrative missions. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a professional demeanor. Also, the incumbent should be able to maintain sensitivity with confidential information, and pose computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University's priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties & Responsibilities
Division Leadership Support
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Division physician leadership to optimize workflow across two work locations (BUMC-P and PBC BSPB).
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with high level officials at the College of Medicine, Phoenix Biomedical Campus, Banner University Medicine and the University.
- Inform the leadership of situations and conflicts requiring immediate attention and when appropriate.
- Develop and manage day-to-day administrative support operations of the office apprising the Division leadership of central issues and activities of the College of Medicine;
- Maintain daily schedule deciding priorities in relation to events of the day.
- Adjust appointments and other events to accommodate emergencies and urgent matters;
- Compose correspondence, reports and other written material of a confidential nature as needed;
- Coordinate and provide necessary backup and supporting materials for meetings;
- Collaborates with Office of Faculty Affairs and Human Resources to coordinate faculty and staff recruitments and other committees as needed
- Act as liaison to reporting units (associate deans, dean's staff, department heads, division and center directors), university administrators, community, donors, alumni, students, media and public.
- Other duties as assigned.
Scheduling - University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Center- Phoenix Support Division leadership as it relates to:
- Schedules Division leadership daily and travel calendars. Arrange travel plans and itineraries for national and international travel.
- Perform complex assignments that demand careful coordination with those within and external to the college of medicine and the medical center.
- Independently determine and direct a course of action for incoming inquiries from faculty and external agencies regarding programs and services, as it relates to their schedule.
- Preparation and design of materials and agendas for meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Manage all logistics for meetings (room reservations, technical support, food and beverages, parking arrangements, communication to participants, etc.).
- Calendar Management; Travel & Conference Arrangements for department leadership.
- Prioritizes workload, meetings, and appointments to meet work unit operations. Assists in the coordination and implementation of multiple projects.
- Creates and oversees complex record-keeping systems and databases.
- Analyzes complex information. Laying out information in reports and documents in ways that enhances readability.
Financial Management Activities:
- Purchases & bill pay for department, (p-card documentation, DV's travel reimbursements).
- Maintain finance filing systems as required.
- Approves/authorizes expenditures or actions for administrative and operational needs sometimes requiring higher level signatures.
General Office Operations:
- Composes confidential correspondence on own initiative when required.
- Organize office documents as required (phone lists, inventory, etc.).
- Supply ordering.
- Coordinates business affairs, personnel matters and may interpret policies and procedures.
- Investigates, evaluates and resolves typical administrative/operational problems or situations impacting staff/faculty work unit.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.
* Experience with prioritizing multiple projects and achieving desired results and deadlines.* Possess intermediate, or higher, Microsoft Office skills.* High degree of flexibility.* High degree of attention to detail.* Excellent data entry skills.* Excellent organizational skills.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $22.95 - $30.06 per hour, Depending on Experience
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.