Instructional Technology Technician II
Posting Number: req10434
Department: AHS BioCommunications
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe successful candidate selected will provide technical support, training and guidance to the campus community in the use, maintenance, and repair of audiovisual technology and related computer systems and software applications. This includes operation of equipment, installation, configuration, testing and problem resolution. This position works with audiovisual hardware, computer systems and software applications to support classrooms, presentations, events and videoconferences. An understanding of operating systems, software and computer networking is a necessity to support these systems and equipment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and operate audiovisual equipment and software and coordinate the use of technology for classes and events. Operating and providing assistance using projection, video routing, control and sounds systems as well as video conferencing, video recording and streaming applications.
- Receive and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, email and in-person requests for assistance from our clients. Evaluate and resolve client computing issues by phone, email or in person.
- Schedule technical support for classes and events as well as delivery and setup of auxiliary audiovisual equipment. Fielding requests for service and equipment via phone and email and entering it into our scheduling system\
- Work with the team to install, maintain, troubleshoot and resolve issues with audiovisual systems in UAHS facilities and circulating equipment. Helping to replace equipment and resolve technical issues in classrooms and lecture halls. Working with vendors to resolve difficult issues.
- Provide technical support and advice to faculty, staff and students in the use of audiovisual technology and related computer systems and software applications. Recommend solutions based on assessment of support requirements. Refer to extended IT support as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $17.39
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Denise Moynihan | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.