Database Administrator III, Center for Applied Transportation Sciences, CATS (Part Time)
Posting Number: req10500
Department: Civil Arch Engr and Mechanics
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Center for Applied Transportation Sciences in the College of Engineering at the University of Arizona works with partnering agencies and institutions on research and education in transportation systems management and operations, and performance management, as well as mobility on demand.
The Center for Applied Transportation Sciences (CATS) is looking for a IT manager to manage inventory, database design and management, programming projects, IT device maintenance, and system design.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Database design and management
- Design databases for storing transportation related data
- Optimize databases for fast data retrieval
- Handle data sharing and integration with various applications
- Assist in development of web back end for R/Shiny web applications
- Develop tools for data I/O operations
- Update and maintain existing software
- Connect to and host APIs
IT device maintenance
- Maintaining servers
- Maintaining NAS devices
- Repair and setup computers for center
- Handle changes to center displays (e.g. TV Wall)
- Software and hardware support for center staff
- Spec and set up new servers
- Custom build computers with specific hardware needs (e.g. for machine learning)
- Maintain a list of all IT-related inventory
- Handle equipment check-in and check-out
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 20
Job FTE: 0.5
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE+
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Database Development & Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.