Analyst, Data III
Posting Number: req10545
Department: Admissions & New Student Enrol
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Data Analyst, Enrollment Analytics will analyze the data related to admissions and enrollment to create prediction models related to net tuition revenue and admissions yield. The Data Analyst will work with the AVP to analyze and interpret enrollment data. The Data Analyst will provide results through reports, oral presentations and executive summaries using the knowledge of data analysis and analytics and enterprise information systems.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform data analysis and develop effective models that identify trends and assist in setting goals. Provide reporting and data needs for all units within Enrollment Management. Build dashboards and queries UAccess Analytics. Makes critical observations and provides data interpretation. Develops reports to recommend strategies and plans. Performs analytical and reporting responsibilities for unit or institutional data. Identifies data patterns and trends, and provides insights to enhance decision making capability in planning, process improvement, and solution assessment. Projects may include building dashboards or reporting systems for end users, performing ad-hoc analyses and reporting to inform decision-making, and designing predictive modeling or other data mining capabilities.
- Apply past experience and data analysis when providing data consultation to offer both proven and creative new data solutions for application development as well as data integrations to achieve the best outcomes for business process objectives. Develop and schedule reports in support of daily operations and monitoring as well planning and decision making.
- Work with other technical staff both internal and external to research and resolve issues related to data integrity, timeliness and database performance impacting reporting services or systems integrations. Collaborate with other university data-focused units to improve data quality through data analysis and sharing.
- Develops documentation of guidelines and procedures to ensure data integrity and quality. Collaborate with UAIR (University Analytics and Institutional Research) on data analysis and reporting. Conducts complex research and technical studies by collecting, analyzing, and compiling data related but not limited to such matters as enrollment, matriculation, budget and financial aid and institutional planning and effectiveness.
- Provide analysis results through reports and executive summaries using the knowledge of data analysis and analytics and enterprise information systems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant workexperience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Planning and Analysis
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Planning & Analysis
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Assistant Vice President, Enrollment Programs, Operations & Systems and Associate Dean, Undergraduate Admissions
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.