Fellow, Academic Affairs (Extended Temporary)
Posting Number: req10441
Department: Law Instruction
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law seeks a Fellow in the College of Law's Academic Affairs Office. The person in this role will help develop and innovate resources for students and recent graduates, assist with planning and implementing Academic Affairs programming and projects, and assist with other strategic initiatives. This position is intended as an entry-level academic position.
This is an Extended Temporary Employment (ETE) position.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Assist the Academic Affairs team in developing resources for students and recent graduates. [40%]
- Assist with creating and refining an Academic Affairs/Registrar website, including identifying key information to include that addresses the needs of current students, recent graduates, and faculty.
- Work with the Academic Affairs team to identify other opportunities for engagement that reflects student interests.
- Collaborate with the Academic Affairs team in order to update existing office and college resources.
Assist Academic Affairs team with other strategic initiatives. [30%]
- Assist with the switch to a paperless filing system for student records, including scanning and system planning for access to records.
- Assist with planning and execution of other Academic Affairs events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assist Academic Affairs team's daily work flow. [30%]
- Help respond to and triage student questions and emails about course registration, graduation requirements, grading, academic calendar, and other Academic Affairs issues.
- Assist with course registration, including ensuring the accuracy of the course schedule in UACCESS and the College of Law website.
- Assist the Academic Affairs team with preparation and administration of midterm and final examinations, including proctoring throughout finals week.
- Assist with course evaluation/TCE process, including scheduling evaluations for each course, promoting student participation, proctoring in-class evaluations, and compiling data for reports to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Assist the Academic Affairs and Student Affairs team in supervising student workers.
- Coordinate with Faculty Support and Student Affairs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attainedthrough experience required.
- 6 months of relevant work experience required.
- Juris Doctor degree
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $20.94
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Student Services Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Associate Dean, Academic Affairs
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.