Administrative Support Assistant II
Posting Number: req10494
Department: Chemistry & Biochemistry - Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
This position will support the mission of the department and university. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, innovative, and experienced program coordinator to join our dynamic admin team. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and verbal communication skills and expertise with spreadsheets, presentation software and design, and UAccess. Effective organizational skills, problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently within a team are essential. Further, successful applicants must demonstrate a high regard for their fiduciary responsibilities as purchasing and reimbursement are within the position's purview. Finally, successful applicants will embody a customer-focused, service-oriented demeanor.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce clear and effective communications to internal and external stakeholders, via email, website updates, newsletters, announcements, flyers, and other types of multi-media presentations.
- Creates and updates departmental files, databases and reports pertaining to alumni, donor and awards and others as necessary.
- Partner with the Advising Coordinator on student scholarships, award coordination and submissions.
- Maintain files and databases and provide documentation to the department, college and university on awardees.
- Assists with day to day front office functions such as: Screens phone calls and visitors, directing to appropriate staff or department when necessary.
- Plans and arranges conferences or meetings under general instructions from supervisor; communicates arrangements to appropriate individuals.
- Participates in meetings and conferences pertinent to area of responsibility.
- Processes expense reimbursements and purchase requests for front office purchases.
- Assist with coordination of department events such as: welcome breakfast, ice cream socials, poster fairs, convocation, and others as needed.
- Serve as admin support on departmental committees such as, schedule meetings, record and prepare meeting minutes and action items from meetings.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Associate degree or vocational training in Marketing
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.34 - $18.20
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.