Assistant Director, Evening MBA
Posting Number: req10476
Department: Karl Eller Grad School of Mgmt
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1130 E Helen St, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsEller MBA is seeking an Assistant Director, Evening MBA to provide administrative and academic leadership with the overarching goal of providing an excellent student experience. Initially, the role will support the Evening MBA program, an in-person platform that is well-suited to working professionals. Success in this position will require the ability to develop strong relationships with students, supporting at the point of admission and continuing throughout the program. Further, the role will manage academic support resources ensuring students are positioned for success. This position will report to the Senior Director, MBA Academic Operations and will contribute to Academic Operations team excellence.
Eller College of Management is a well-regarded business school with highly ranked programs. Within the Eller College, there are five MBA platforms: Full-Time, Evening, Executive, Online and Professional.
We celebrate the diversity of our students and are working to increase diversity among our faculty and staff. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We believe diversity enriches us all, expands our understanding, and allows us to create better solutions.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Assistant Director, MBA
Academic Operations will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Administration of Academic
create, and implement initiatives that enhance the student experience.
- Plan and
deliver multi-day program Launch for incoming students. Components
include faculty overview of program academic content, presentation of
program standards, team building activities, and meals.
catering arrangements for dinners and snacks provided to Evening MBA
students on once-per-week class nights.
with faculty members, ensuring they are fully supported and informed of
program initiatives and objectives. Provide classroom support on
- Lead with on-site presence on class nights until approximately
- Manage Global Business Experience working in conjunction with
travel vendor. Plan business visits and travel logistics for
international destinations. Establish itinerary which achieves
- Conduct the Toast event at graduation, recognizing student
- Identify and develop opportunities for students and alumni to
connect, as well as other networking opportunities.
- Collect program data, analyze, and interpret trend data to
support managerial decision making.
- Assess student satisfaction and implement recommendations for
- Ensure alignment with MBA department and Eller College strategies
- Collaborate with campus partners including the Graduate College,
Registrar, Student Course Survey, Academic Initiatives and Student
Success, Military-Connected Benefits, Bursar, and Financial Aid.
- Maintain knowledge of UArizona academic policies, regulations,
Assist and Guide Students (30%):
- Develop rapport with students and provide highly responsive assistance to meet individual needs.
- Oversee communications to newly
admitted students and answer questions about UArizona processes and course
enrollment. Ensure incoming students are successfully integrated
into the MBA program.
- Enroll students in courses in advance
of each eight-week session. Resolve any issues that may impede
- Remain cognizant of the academic and
career objectives of individual students.
- Provide guidance in all aspects of
student services, including academic performance, institutional petitions,
and student engagement.
- Monitor academic progress, confirming
satisfactory progress toward degree completion.
- Advise students having academic
difficulty with development of an academic action plan and refer students
to resources for assistance.
- Record notes of student
communications in Eller Student Management System (eSMS) for shared access
by MBA colleagues.
Manage Student Success Resources (30%):
- Develop and implement academic support and learning experiences to enhance student success. Courses are eight weeks in duration, accentuating the need for responsive and timely academic support.
- Manage student success initiatives
that support students in all five MBA platforms. Considerations of an effective resource
include delivery modality, in-person, or virtual. Also considered will be the structure of
sessions, for individual students and/or groups.
- Coordinate student readiness for the
MBA program, ensuring completion of assessments prior to Launch.
- Identify those who provide academic
support, including Graduate Assistants, facilitators, or tutors. Ensure they are trained and perform in
accordance with UArizona policy.
- Evaluate student success resources
and continual improvement.
- Contribute innovative adaptable
mindset to the Academic Operations Team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience is required.
- Ability to work on-site on the evenings that class is in session, typically Tuesday evenings.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $47,800 - $52,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Student Services Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.