Conference and Events Planner III (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
Posting Number: req10527
Department: COM Phx Campus Administration
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The College of Medicine - Phoenix is advancing health care for individuals and communities across Arizona and the United States. We are a hub for innovation and collaboration, changing the way medicine is taught and practiced. If you enjoy bringing people together to share ideas, make positive change and have a great time, then you might be a great fit for our team.
The Conference and Events Planner III is responsible for planning, logistics, communication and follow-through with details for special events from development through implementation.
This role works with internal and external clients to advance engagement and coordinate events, such as social activities, applicant information sessions, signature events (White Coat Ceremony, Match Day and Commencement), speaker series, conferences and seminars, networking receptions, alumni outreach initiatives, student group activities, award ceremonies and VIP initiatives.
This position interacts with representatives from the College of Medicine - Phoenix and other University of Arizona departments or programs and Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix, Phoenix Bioscience Core, City of Phoenix, NAU, as well as external partners and vendors to ensure their events are successful.
Evening and weekend support is sometimes required for this position.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix
anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the
Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary
physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive
scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University's priorities of
engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic
and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance
and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU
tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state
retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life
programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and
relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Respond to requests and questions from event coordinators and provide necessary information.
- Serve as the primary resource for general event planning issues and approvals, protocol and administrative policies related to special events, room reservations and meetings.
- Participate in planning for conferences and events, evaluate on-going and new events, and recommend improvements.
- Manage communications with clients, vendors, departments, partners and staff to distribute information and schedule services in support of events. Ensure compliance with university and campus policies.
- Responsible for reserving and managing space, vendor management, schedules and timelines, speaker/guest support, venue set up and tear down, catering, audio/visual services, equipment usage, etc.
- Manage, coordinate and execute all aspects of special events including budgets, proposals, invoicing and payments.
- Coordinate execution of events, including in-person, hybrid and virtual formats. Provide back end support for Zoom webinars.
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for special events.
- Supervise staff and oversee office operations.
- Maintain files, records and computer database on event details, coordinators and participants.
- Provide technical advice and problem solving assistance as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
* Experience with large event planning, volunteer management and multi-office coordination.* Excellent interpersonal skills to create effective collaborations among various levels of staff, faculty, and community partners across the campus community to bring large scale projects to completion.* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.* Creative and resourceful problem-solving skills.* Familiarity with event management, shared document and CRM software, i.e. Eventbrite, Mail Chimp, Asana, Qualtrics, SmartSheet, Box and Doodle Poll.* Experience implementing event evaluation tools and surveys.* Proven track record of being organized, responsible, and excellent verbal communication skills.* Demonstrated proficient ability in the use of personal computers and software including Microsoft.* Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,463 - $70,037 Annually, Depending on Experience
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Conference & Events
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.