Supervisor, Communications Center
Kennesaw State University
Police and Public Safety
Job ID: 244444
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for receiving emergency and administrative calls. Notifies Department of Public Safety and University Police (DPS/UP) personnel, other University and/or emergency services, and dispatches appropriate emergency responders. Plans, organizes, implements, oversees and supervises the work activities and training of the communications area for the Department of Public Safety.
1. Provides dispatch services to and/or notifies DPS/UP personnel, other University and emergency services personnel regarding incidents and requests for public safety services via approved communications processes
2. Receives emergency and non-emergency requests for public safety and non-public safety services from students, faculty, staff, visitors, and other agencies regarding incidents on or near the Kennesaw and Marietta campuses
3. Calls for additional resources (fire, emergency medical services, law enforcement, tow trucks, other University personnel and other services) as needed or requested by DPS/UP personnel
4. Monitors fire alarm and video camera system(s) and incoming information from government, private and non-profit sector sources
5. Sends alerts to DPS/UP personnel and the campus community via designated emergency messaging and/or mass notifications service(s) as required and activates siren systems when necessary
6. Develops and maintains work schedules of assigned personnel.
7. Trains assigned personnel on acceptable public safety communications principles, practices, methods, techniques, and procedures; evaluates performance, provides supervisory oversight and advises assigned personnel
8. Performs inquiries and searches of multiple local, state and national databases to provide information to law enforcement personnel, inclusive of entering stolen articles, stolen license plates, stolen vehicles, abandoned vehicles, and more on GCIC/NCIC as required by police reports
9. Serves as a terminal agency coordinator (TAC) for DPS/UP and ensures agency GCIC compliance
10. Serves as the training coordinator for assigned staff
11. Serves as the quality assurance coordinator for the department
12. Maintains designated equipment, systems and databases, such as computers, land mobile radio units, communications equipment, radio/dispatch consoles, computer-aided dispatch database and other reference-use files
13. Serves as a Campus Security Authority as defined by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act)
High School Diploma
Other Required Qualifications
Possession of, or ability to obtain within one (1) year of employment, certification as a Communications Officer through the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Council, in accordance with Georgia Code 35-8-23 and Chapter 464-14 of the Rules of the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council
One (1) year of related work experience in a public safety answering point (PSAP)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
CPR, AED and Basic First Aid certifications
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Technical or Associates Degree
Previous supervisory or lead experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to maintain composure when talking to callers in crisis or emergency situations Able to work under stressful conditions and meet time constraints Able to maintain training and applicable certifications in procedures, GCIC/NCIC, Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council, NIMS and ICS Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of public safety answering point operations, including call taking, call screening, call processing, personnel notifications and dispatch services Knowledge of equipment utilized in public safety answering point operations, including telephone system customer premise equipment (CPE), commercial/proprietary telephone systems, land mobile radio (LMR) consoles, computers, monitors, and printers. Basic knowledge in dealing with individuals and/or situations involving chemical, electrical, radiological, and extreme weather conditions; dispatches the appropriate personnel to provide aid to person or persons exposed
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, emergency service systems) Strong attention to detail and follow up skills Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Position of Trust
- Drug Screen
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=244444&PostingSeq=1