Conference and Events Assistant II (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
Posting Number: req10534
Department: COM Phx Campus Administration
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 475 N. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix seeks a Conference and Events Assistant II to join the Marketing and Communications team. Under the general direction of the Conference and Events Planner III, the Conference and Events Assistant II will support in-person hosted on the Phoenix Bioscience Core campus and virtual events. There is always something happening and no two days are alike. We are part of a dynamic ecosystem of organizations who are training health care professionals and creating healthy communities in Phoenix and across the U.S. We are looking for a team member who brings creativity, determination, and dedication to serve people.
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team. This role assists with planning and coordinating details for a variety of events to ensure a successful and pleasant experience for the participants. The events include, but are not limited to, presentations, conferences, community outreach, student presentations, White Coat, Match Day and Commencement celebrations.
The successful candidate will be a skilled communicator, who is outgoing, service-oriented and comfortable working with diverse groups.
Evening and weekend support is sometimes required for this position.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix
anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the
Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary
physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive
scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University's priorities of
engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic
and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance
and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU
tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state
retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life
programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and
relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under supervision of the Conference and Events Planner III, coordinate and execute all aspects of special events.
- Assist with planning and execution of all logistical arrangements, maintain communications with appropriate staff regarding progress including coordination of activities with other on-campus departments, such as IT, facilities, security and custodial services.
- Coordinate venue set-up of displays, tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, photography/video, catering and special needs accommodations, ensure adequate support is scheduled for all phases of the event and tear down event set ups.
- Attend planning and organizing event meetings to obtain information, activities and details for specific events.
- Assist with site visits, proposals, forms and invoicing.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of needed supplies.
- Help respond to client requests by email or voicemail in a timely manner.
- Help maintain electronic special event files.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in Hospitality, Tourism, Communications or related field.* Experience with event planning, volunteer management and multi-office coordination.* Excellent interpersonal skills to work with various levels of staff, faculty, and community partners.* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.* Familiarity with event management, shared document and CRM software, i.e. Zoom, Eventbrite, MailChimp, Qualtrics, SmartSheet, Box and Doodle Poll.* Demonstrated proficient ability in the use of personal computers and software including Microsoft.* Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.85 - $19.45 per hour, Depending on Experience
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Conference & Events
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.