Director of Residence Life and Student Programs
The Director of Residence Life and Student Programs is responsible for the strategic leadership and day-to-day operations of Residence Life and Student Programs at Calumet College of St. Joseph. This includes general oversight of all student activities on campus and management of Residence Life staff and facilities. The Director will collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to provide a student-centered environment that fosters intentional development through dynamic extra-curricular programming and services, as an extension of the educational experience, to bolster campus traditions and pride, engage students with the College and community, support student retention and completion, and facilitate enhanced student learning.
1. Residence Life:
- Effectively manage a strong Residence Life Program fostering an environment of living and learning.
- Coordinate and monitor the administrative and operational functions associated with the management of one off-campus apartment community and one on-campus traditional community.
- Assist with residence life discipline and other issues.
- Refer students who are having difficulty with academic, personal, or financial issues to the appropriate departments for interventions.
- Select, train, lead, and supervise Residence Program Staff.
- Manage operational functions for residence
- Work with RA/AAs, Student Assistance Program (SAP) staff, and Administrative Team to respond to crisis situations in accordance with departmental and institutional emergency procedure
- Coordinate “on-call” responsibility for college-managed housing on a scheduled basis.
- Manage the housing application process.
2. Student Programs:
- Develop, coordinate, execute, and assess a comprehensive student activities program of educational, recreational, social, and cultural programs which appeal to a diverse audience at the college and in the community.
- Develop and utilize a communication plan that produces regular, on-going, campus-wide strategies to inform students and other college constituents about student life programs and services and opportunities for involvement including (but not limited to) a student life calendar of events, printed publications, on-line tools, and social media.
- Guide and support student organizations. Facilitate the student organization establishment and registration and provide training and support for student organization officers and advisors.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the campus food pantry. Stock and order the food.
- Select, train, lead, and supervise Student Program Staff.
The Director will also:
- Serve as a member of the Title IX team.
- Assists with the creation, implementation, and evaluation of the department’s strategic plan, mission, and goals.
- Oversee housing and programming budgets.
- Collaborate with campus partners to provide meaningful and welcoming activities that foster student engagement, academic success and a sense of belonging.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least one to three years of experience in Residence Life Systems developing, implementing, and assessing student programs, campus conduct, social justice, and diversity awareness programming.
- At least two years of experience in Student Services
- At least one year of experience in coordinating student support programs
- Knowledge of student success, transition, and retention programs
- Experience with diverse learners; a sensitivity and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of Calumet College students
- Master’s degree preferred in Student Affairs, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Education, College Student Personnel or related field.
CV/Resume and cover letter. Employment at Calumet College of St. Joseph is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States and a background check.