Academic Advising Professional I
Posting Number: req10496
Department: Chemistry & Biochemistry - Sci
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
This position advises students on policies, procedures, and academic requirements both for general education and CBC undergraduate programs. Assist students in schedule planning to achieve academic success and meet academic requirements. Help students explore careers, evaluate academic abilities, and set goals. Present academic information to groups of students and their parents during Summer and Spring orientation. Engage in program-related activities and projects for the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry - Sci.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise students on University, College, and Department policies, procedures, and academic requirements.
- Assist students in course scheduling and planning to achieve academic success and meet academic program requirements. Conduct degree checks/audits for students planning to graduate.
- Evaluate options for students who seek an exception to a course or program requirement. Evaluate transfer credits.
- Coordinate with colleagues and other offices as needed to develop student support programs.
- Participate in special projects to improve advising and to develop professionally.
- Help coordinate peer mentor programs for incoming freshman.
- Help coordinate and participate in student events such as recruiting, career information events, and convocation.
- Bachelor's degree in science, education or related field of study
- 6 months of relevant work experience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $41,500 - $45,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.