Part-time Faculty Reader
Other Liberal Arts Faculty
Employment Status: Part-time
Faculty/Type RankPart-time Faculty Reader
Area of StudyBraven
About the CollegeSpelman College seeks teacher/scholars dedicated to excellence in teaching and to the continued enhancement of the academic environment for students and colleagues. Founded in 1881, Spelman College is a private four-year liberal arts college located in Atlanta, GA. The oldest historically Black college for women in the United States, Spelman is a member of the Atlanta University Center Consortium and Atlanta Regional Consortium for Higher Education.
Position SummarySPELMAN-BRAVEN LEADERSHIP ACCELERATOR (SLDR)
PART-TIME FACULTY READER
- Grade projects for an assigned group of Students (~30 Students) using rubrics and provide meaningful feedback
- Substitute for Leadership Coaches (LCs) if they are absent (Note: During a semester we typically may have 1-2 total absences across 10-15 LCs)
- Support Fellows 1 who are struggling academically in SLDR course
- Communicate all student issues to the Braven Team and refer students to appropriate Spelman support resources
- Communicate to students regarding project deadlines
- Complete the weekly module so that they're familiar with student pre-work
- Keep track of Student concerns (academic/other) and action taken in Braven Students of Concern Tracking Tool and in the Spelman ARCH
- Complete NACE Competency Evaluation and SLDR Preparedness Reflection
- Upload midterm and grades/rubrics from Capstone Challenge Presentations to the Portal and Banner
- Available for Braven initial virtual training sessions (three hours)
- Available for Spelman Orientation (three hours)
- Attend up to two Learning Labs per week
- Attend weekly Faculty Reader meetings
- Hold one hour of office hours per week/per course (approximately 3-4 hours per week)
- Support students who come with questions
- Reach out to students who need more support
- Estimated time commitment per semester = 150 hours
- Hold make-up sessions (can be held during office hours):
- LL1: Onboard to Braven
- Mock Interviews Event (for Students with an excused absence)
- Have a personal PC laptop with a camera.
QualificationsBachelor's degree required; Master's preferred. This position requires two years of teaching or relevant experience in a college or university environment.
Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills are required across all levels. This position also requires excellent organizational skills. Ability to multi-task priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with Banner and Microsoft Outlook preferred.
You must also be able to pass a background check.
1 Fellows are students. We use this terminology to convey the unique leadership experience of the Accelerator course.
Posting Number: F345P
Open Date: 06/13/2022
Close Date: 07/30/2022
Special Instructions to ApplicantsAny correspondence regarding the position or your application will be relayed to you by our Faculty Support Team. Please do not reach out to any department faculty regarding the position or status of your application. We appreciate your interest and consideration.