Marketing Specialist II (Marketing Coordinator)
Posting Number: req10036
Department: Arizona Student Unions
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Marketing Coordinator coordinates all marketing activities, campaigns, and events (includes advertising, promotions, website, and social media content, etc.) from concept inception to completion for three units comprising the Business Affairs Auxiliaries Services (Student Unions, Bookstores, and Parking & Transportation). This position provides the expertise to recommend the marketing media, activity, and/or program best suited to accomplish the intended outcomes. Responsible for all marketing communications, the Marketing Coordinator oversees the development, production, and dissemination of marketing collateral to internal and external constituents and manages relevant communication efforts and interactions with various media outlets as needed.
The Student Union Memorial Center is one of the largest student unions in the United States. At a size of 405,000 square feet, SUMC contains everything students need.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates all marketing activities (includes advertising, promotions, websites/social media, etc.) and plans and executes marketing campaigns and events in order to accomplish set goals or outcomes for three auxiliary services units: Student Unions, Bookstores and Parking & Transportation
- Develops targeted marketing strategies to effectively deliver marketing messages that promote and showcase the auxiliary unit(s) and its programs
- Prioritizes marketing projects and schedules tasks for multiple clients and priorities in order to meet all deadlines
- Oversees client communications and the development, production, and dissemination of marketing collateral to clients
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of all marketing and communication activities
- Consults with clients to help identify strategies to raise awareness, grow business opportunities, and reach financial goals
- Analyzes and synthesizes data to evaluate the effectiveness of each marketing effort or campaign, and uses data to develop actions to improve future campaign performance
- Assists in identifying positive publicity opportunities through appropriate channels, i.e., UA Communications, The Daily Wildcat, individual colleges, or Greek newsletters, etc. and coordinates communication efforts and interactions with various media channels as needed
- Develops marketing content and material in both physical and digital formats as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or
equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience
- Minimum of 3 years of
relevant work experience required
- 4 or more years of relevant working experience
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40+
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Communication and Marketing
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $47,735 - $55,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.