Research Professional I (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req9879
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Department of Surgery is seeking multiple Research Professionals to support research functions in Dr. Gurtner's lab. The incumbents will independently conduct experiments, analyze data, and assist with general lab maintenance. The successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills, be well-organized, and be highly motivated. The candidates must be able to work independently as well as collaborate with others within the laboratory.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior lab members to help develop and perform experiments in support of research projects in the lab. Work on collection and analysis of data.
- Generate hypotheses and conduct experiments to test those hypotheses.
- Perform different types of experiments ranging from animal to cell culture work. Interpret and perform basic analyses of results.
- Maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Contribute to ensuring regulatory compliance of the research research.
- Contribute to publication of findings as needed.
- Participate in the preparation of written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, and order and stock supplies.
- Manage chemical and controlled substance inventory and safety records.
- Ensure laboratory inspection readiness and provide general lab support as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
*Previous lab experience. *Previous research experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Researchers & Scientists
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Contact Information for Candidates
Jessica Holmgren | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.