About Our College
Galveston College is a comprehensive institution, which places primary emphasis on excellence in classroom instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and maintain competence in each of the following areas throughout their employment at the College.
- Master's with 18 hours in English.
- Education must meet the requirements as mandated by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools for the appropriate field of study and degrees awarded at this institution. Each department displays the specific requirements for each position.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate learning effectively and work collaboratively.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, class assignments and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to students and respond to questions from individuals as well as groups of students and chairs/directors.
- Demonstrated commitment to the centrality of teaching and learning in a student centered environment bolstered by effective student outcome measures;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interaction with students, peers, administration and staff.
- 3 years of teaching experience in English.