Supervisor of Third Party Collections
The Supervisor of Third Party Collections is responsible for leading a team of Accounts Receivable Clerks to ensure that the team's customer service goals, transaction processing responsibilities, and accounts receivable targets are achieved. This position reports to the Director of Student Accounts and frequently interacts with students, parents, and other customers to resolve issues. This requires a cooperative working relationship with the Registrar, Financial Aid, Graduate School, Admissions, and various other administrative and academic units. The supervisor has primary responsibility for third party billing and payment of any scholarship or student support not awarded by the university, such as from student sponsors, private sector awards, military billings (to include Veterans, ROTC, Army, Navy and Air Force), and college savings plan distributions. This position is responsible for establishing exemptions, processing departmental requests for payment, and the management of contracts in Banner to support tuition awards for employees and graduate students.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field, or equivalent level of training and or experience.
- Progressively responsible relevant experience, including some supervisory experience.
- Experience providing customer service in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of federal, state and local laws and regulatory processes related to federal aid programs and scholarship management.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and function specific databases. Analytics experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High comfort level using technology to optimize workflow and business processes.
- Previous experience working in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal and State regulations related to Financial Aid.
- Previous experience using Ellucian's Banner, preferably Student Accounts and Financial Aid.
Low- to Mid- $50,000s
May 31, 2022
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Julie Weaver at email@example.com regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.