Temporary Administrative Associate- Davis College ANRD
West Viriginia University Davise College of Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Design is current accepting applications for a Temporary Administrative Associate. This position will providedetailed assistance to the Dean and Director and Associate/Assistant Deans in the Davis College (DCANRD) and the WV Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station (WVAFES).
Paygrade: 14.WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes related experience and education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.
What you'll do:
- Prioritizeactivity and workflow of the office including frequently handing confidential and sensitive information and interacting with key administrators, faculty, staff and or external contacts.
- Manage and prioritize the calendar for the Dean and others as assigned.
- File and retrieve documents, records and reports.
- Greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate individual(s).Issue parking permits.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems and follow-through with required paperwork to the accounting unit. Requires incumbent to utilize the MarketPlace system for ordering and processing invoices for payment.Process payments and expense accounts thru both the WVU System and the WVU Foundation.Incumbent will have contact with personnel in the WVU payment offices and WVU Foundation personnel.
- Serveas the Departmental Fleet Card Coordinator for Ag Administration and College Farm Units - edits gasoline purchase transactions for the correct funding and matches receipts to charges.
- Process utility payment for farms in MarketPlace.Add funding source, provide info to Farm Director as requested.Maintain files.
- Provideprimary back-up assistance in the mail room in the absence of the Postal Worker.Sort mail, receive and distribute packages and freight, prepare outgoing mail for pick-up, etc.
- MaintainCollege phone list and shares this list with appropriate individuals.
- Maintain Administration Unit state vehicles.Keeprecord of maintenance repairs, schedules for service and inspection.Requires incumbent to take vehicles to and from Motor Pool.Must be able to drive and pass the defensive driver's course.Keepschedule of vehicles and signs out for trips, etc.
- Signout conference rooms assigned under the Dean's Office - via electronic calendar.
- Preparemass mailings - preparematerials, addressand stuffenvelopes, sort, etc. - according to postal policies
Associate degree in office administration, business administration or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for a degree.
1 year experience:
- Schedule maintenance
- Dealing with variety of personalities
- Basic accounting.
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn new processes
- IT experience
- Ability to handle several priority situations at once.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people - in professional, pleasant way.
- People skills.
- Ability to learn and use the Oracle/MAP system - for tracking travel and purchases and running reports.
- Ability to learn and use the Foundation system forms.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, determine priority of each, set deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment.
- Knowledge of office procedures, practices and protocols.
- Ability to operate PC utilizing various word processing packages.
- Ability to train other staff with basic IT processes upon the incumbent obtaining training from the College IT personnel.
- Ability to utilize and function in the E-mail system.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to file alphabetically, numerically and by subject matter.
- Become familiar with Parking Regulations to issue parking permits in accordance.
- Ability to work in mail room when needed.
- Ability to maintain proper unit attendance and punctuality standards. Attendance and punctuality compliance is a must.
- May require travel to attend occasional on-campus meetings.
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job is acceptable.
Valid Driver's license required.
Work requires normal level of ability common in almost every job such as writing, sorting, reviewing materials and use of office equipment with speed and dexterity. Mail room assignments may require lifting packages, etc. up to 25 lbs.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: May 12, 2022
Posting Classification: Temporary
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Benefits Eligible: No