Special Events Officer
Development – Special Events, Lincoln Center
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
In consultation with the Associate Vice President for Development and University Events, the Director of Special Events, and members of the Development and University Relations division, the President’s Office, the Provost’s and Deans’ Offices, the Special Events Officer participates in the strategic development and implementation of all signature events for Fordham University, ranging in scale from 20 to 1,000 guests. The Special Events Officer should facilitate the production of high-quality events that foster involvement, recognition, cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising experiences for upper-level donors, University Trustees, the President’s Council.
- Assists with the coordination and execution of signature and major in-person, hybrid, and virtual events including meetings, lectures, conferences, receptions, formal dinners, dedication events, etc.
- Liaises with vendors and University stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order including but not limited to: catering, entertainment, lighting/audio, staging, photography, security, facilities and custodial-related services; equipment rentals, décor, site visits/recommendations, and space reservations.
- Assists consultants and vendors prior to and during the event to ensure flawless efficiency.
- Diligently maintains and records event budget expenditures.
- Helps manage and edit content for event correspondence, collateral materials, and web in collaboration with marketing colleagues.
- Assists with post-event coordination including debrief meetings, financial reporting and data transfer.
- Familiarity with and dedication to Fordham University and its mission, as well as the ability to fully articulate it to donors and volunteers.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Communications, English, Public Relations, Marketing, Hospitality Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of event planning experience.
- Positive, engaged team member and comfortable working independently.
- H6high-energy, flexibility, emotional maturity, enthusiasm, creativity, organizational skills, attention to detail, familiarity with teleconferencing technology, and a superior ability to multitask, focus, and act quickly to solve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Evening and weekend work necessary throughout the year.
- Two writing samples must be submitted with the application.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Demonstrated ability to learn the use of new and events-related software.
- Familiarity with development databases.
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/2961
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories