Division of Enrollment and Marketing
Position Title: Graphic Designer
Department: Marketing and Media Relations Office
FLSA Category: Exempt
- Reports to: Art Director
- Works Closely With: Marketing & Media Relations Team; Alumni and Development Staff; Campus Constituents
The Graphic Designer is a full-time position responsible for the creative development and production of marketing and communication materials within the guidelines of established brand standards. The Graphic Designer works in a supporting role to execute creative concepts and provide creative solutions to meet the marketing needs of the University. Responsibilities include but are not limited to collateral material, advertisements, publications, signage, and other promotional items. Designing in digital platforms, including web, social media, and email is expected. Some photography may be required.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
1. Design and prepare final production-ready artwork for a variety of media for various constituent groups.
2. Work with printers to attain cost estimates, execute jobs, and resolve problems or disputes.
3. Communicate project status, updates, and meet deadlines.
4. Work as a collaborating team member of the Marketing and Media Relations Team.
1. Additional job-related duties as required by the Art Director.
1. Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
2. Professional graphic design experience
3. Portfolio demonstrating design acumen
4. Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
4. Experience designing for print and digital platforms
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Organizational skills, with accuracy and attention to detail.
7. Professional demeanor and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Occasionally sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally standing or walking
- Intermittently sitting/standing/stooping
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs. or more
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas
- Alternative or flexible work schedules
- Extensive travel and/or periodic overnight travel
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefit package, including eligibility for tuition waiver.