Enrollment & Retention Manager (Hybrid) - Online Programs, Reed College of Media
The West Virginia University Reed College of Media is seeking an Enrollment and Retention Manager to drive enrollment and retention for the College's online master's degrees in Data Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing Communications and Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC).
About the Opportunity
As an Enrollment and Retention Manager, youwill develop and implement initiatives to positively impact all aspects of the online student journey, with specific focus on the retention of students from recruitment through to degree completion. This position will also lead alumni relations and career support initiatives. Candidates must demonstrate personal initiative and a strong work ethic, exceptional communication skills, work well with the public and have the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously. Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills are also important. An outgoing personality, self-confidence, an understanding of consumer psychology/behavior and an enthusiasm for motivating people are also important attributes. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment and will be able to work independently, as well as with members of a team, and will thrive when working on registration deadlines to meet established enrollment and retention goals. This position will report to the Assistant Dean of Online Programs.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
- 18 sick days per year (for when you're ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family's, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
- WVU offers a range ofhealth insurance and other benefits(this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
- 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking formore retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ's.
- Wellness programs
What you'll do:
- Design and implement retention initiatives for Reed College of Media online programs.
- Develop and oversee comprehensive processes to support student enrollment and retention from the point of inquiry through graduation to achieve retention outcomes in Reed College of Media Online Programs that exceed University benchmarks. This position is directly responsible for achieving established goals in matriculation/enrollment, retention and alumni relations.
- Oversee data collection to track, monitor and report performance metrics for all stages of the student journey/funnel, including marketing, recruitment, matriculation, advising and graduation. Perform ongoing analysis of performance to adjust student journey/management plans, practices and strategies. Make recommendations for improvements based on analysis of the data.
- Accurately and effectively manage a high volume of data and electronic record keeping.
- Directly manage academic matters related to retention in the student journey/funnel, ensuring that all students receive proactive customer service and individualizes support to aid them in navigating their online graduate journey and ensure positive retention outcomes.
- Work individually with at-risk students.
- Track and respond to changing environmental factors. Keep online programs team informed of any trends or patterns that may impact program recruitment efforts.
- Maintain current knowledge of the changing needs and concerns of online adult learners. Develop strategies to address these concerns.
- Provide guidance and encouragement to prospective, admitted and current students via phone, mail, social media and personal interactions.
- Implement a cultivation strategy designed to re-engage leads that have fallen to inactive.
- Devise alumni relations strategies to engage program alumni, including career support initiatives to position the Reed College of Media to meaningfully support program graduates beyond the completion of their degree by providing ongoing support and learning opportunities.
- Oversee Alumni Lifelong Learning Program (ALLP). Establish enrollment goals and champion participation in ALLP by program alumni.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all customer groups through diverse communications channels. Develop and implement effective strategies for others to deliver exceptional customer service, monitor results, and counsel personnel as necessary to achieve customer service standards and goals.
Master's Degree in Integrated Marketing Communications, Data Marketing Communications, Digital Marketing Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field OR equivalent combination of experience and education.
A minimum of one year of experience with the following:
- Professional work of an independent nature that demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to creatively solve problems.
- Experience managing and analyzing performance data to inform and improve customer support processes.
- Direct work experience in customer support and/or retention, or managing/supporting members of a professional community is preferred.
- Experience in adult/graduate student recruitment with operation of an aggressive, ongoing retention plan and student advising is preferred.
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer athttps://talentandculture.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: May 11, 2022
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes