Director, MBA Professional Development
Posting Number: req9803
Department: Karl Eller Grad School of Mgmt
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1130 E Helen St, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsEller MBA is seeking a Director, MBA Professional Development, who will be pivotal to the career outcomes and experience in the Eller College of Management Masters programs. This position will lead a team that delivers career advising and skill building, and also develops career opportunities for students across five MBA platforms and well as some specialized masters programs. Success in this role requires a strategic mindset and excellent collaboration skills. The dynamic graduate space also calls for contemporary, innovative programming. Further, this role is data driven as it requires collecting, reporting, and analyzing data that informs the direction of the program. This position will report to the Senior Associate Dean, Eller MBA Programs and will contribute to excellence of the MBA programs.
Eller College of Management is a well-regarded business school with highly ranked programs. Within the Eller College, there are five MBA platforms: Full-Time, Evening, Executive, Online, and Professional.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Professional Development will perform the following duties and
and Professional Development Advising (30%):
vision and strategy to achieve career outcome objectives. This is a
highly collaborative process, as it involves senior leadership in
admissions and program functions. The overall strategy must be cohesive
with other Eller College career leaders and University Career Services.
team of Success Coaches who provide career advising to students. This
will entail counseling on all aspects of a professional career search.
Ensure these roles are highly responsive and achieve positive, effective
rapport with students.
initiatives that motivate and recognize success in performance of career
career outcome results and report metrics to MBA rankings organizations.
contemporary knowledge of recruiting and hiring practices, employer
needs, and trends affecting College of Management Masters students.
Development Skills (25%)
- Deliver Launch sessions as students enter the MBA program. These sessions serve to integrate students into the program and assign immediate actions which are essential for a successful job search.
- Oversee the development and delivery of career related skill building. This will include job search, resume, cover letter, LinkedIn, and interview skills. These may be operationalized as a series of badges or certificates.
- Teach Online MBA BNAD 514 Career Management course with MBA Professional Development team. This is an eight week, one-unit course, which is already developed.
- Amplify major initiatives which facilitate student leadership skill development. Support the Eller Professional Development Institute which teaches technical skills and enhances employability. Ensure global competencies are addressed.
- Prepare students and organize their participation in national career fairs.
- Prepare students and deliver student treks to companies in select metropolitan cities.
and Enrichment Experiences (20%)
- Manage the development and delivery of multiple student experiences. Student engagement activities will range in scope and scale, from small group coffee chats to signature events. Create a rich culture of engagement and inaugurate traditions that compel participation.
- Consider the needs and interests of students to achieve diversity, equity and inclusion of initiatives.
- Conduct experiential learning programs which further enhance the student experience and career opportunities, including case competitions.
- Amplify student engagement by supporting student led organizations.
- Engage speakers and mentors to inspire and bring real-world perspective to graduate students.
- Deliver virtual newsletter for MBA students, to provide professional development announcements and communicate the rich culture of the MBA experience.
- Collaborate on events and initiatives conducted by other units, including those with recruiting or degree program focus
Career Opportunities (15%)
- Cultivate and expand corporate/employer relationships. This will be an ongoing commitment which will maintain relevance of Eller Masters programs and open leads for student employment and internships.
- Engage corporate employers in networking and mock interviewing events. Possibly involve a corporate advisory board. Arrange student visits with select employers.
- Steward the alumni initiatives that connect back to Eller College. There are alumni mentor and alumni resource communities now in the formative stage which are important to fully develop. Recognize the contributions of those who support the Eller Masters programs.
Technology and Data Analytics (10%)
- Foundational to all aspects of the role is advanced skill in using technology and system applications. This includes Salesforce/Marketing Cloud/Pardot, eSMS (Eller Student Management System), LinkedIn, Handshake, and Qualtrics.
- Perform analyses and reporting of data using Excel and data visualization tools. Ensure integrity of data and accuracy of standard metrics reported to MBA rankings organizations.
- Stay abreast of emerging applications and tools to further innovative initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master's degree required.
- Minimum of seven years of
related work experience, including three years of managerial experience, or
equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in higher education, ideally with MBA students, in student facing role.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $75,000 - $80,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.