Sheet Metal Worker II
Posting Number: req9917
Department: Facilities Mgmt-Maint Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsFacilities Management is looking for a self directed, self motivated and hard working Sheet Metal Worker to be a part of our Sheet Metal Shop. In this role the duties will include fabricating, installing, and repairing sheet metal, plastic, or fiberglass products and/or equipment. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively and provide good customer service while having good working knowledge of trades and maintenance. Working conditions may include restricted movement, dirty environment, extreme temperatures and intense noise. This also includes lifting and carrying heavy objects.
UofA FM employs just over 600 employees and services over 11 million square feet of campus-keeping the grounds beautiful, classrooms clean, and all utilities moving through the campus.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares sketches, drawings and layouts.
- Fabricates, installs or repairs air-ducts, grills, vents, downspouts, exhaust systems and hoods, containers, filing cases, cabinets, lockers, counters and other related equipment, structures or objects.
- Operates sheetmetal forming machines, shears, brakes, folders, bending rolls, cutters, crimpers, punch and drill presses and a variety of hand tools.
- Operates soldering and welding equipment in the fabrication or repair of sheetmetal or plastic equipment, structures or objects.
- Analyzes plans, drawings, specifications, pattern layouts and work orders to determine work requirement and sequence of sheetmetal assignments.
- Performs mathematical and geometrical calculations for preparation of working sketches, drawings and layouts as required.
- Minimum of 3 years of sheet metal experience
- Journeyman level position
- Completion of a high school education and apprenticeship program or equivalent technical training, and/or experience (4 years training/work experience/apprenticeship)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $17.00 - $21.00 DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Skilled Crafts & Trades
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Facilities Management Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.