Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program Specialist
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 243023
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Manages the Certified Nursing Assistant program in accordance with the Nurse Aide Training Program (NATP) standards issued by the Department of Community Health (DCH). Responsible for the overall day-to-day administrative and functional management of the program and ensuring NATP compliance. Responsible for hiring, onboarding, observing, and evaluating qualified instructors. Prepares, schedules, and successfully manages annual state audits to avoid probation status. Oversees the performance and evaluation of all program offerings. Serves as the primary point-of-contact for all healthcare and clinical partners associated with the current CNA program. Assists Program Manager and Director in developing short and long-term goals for program expansion in the healthcare community.
1. Coordinates and oversees the CNA/NATP training program
2. Recruits, interviews, hires and performs NATP required onboarding/training of qualified CNA instructors
3. Supervises and observes CNA Instructors to ensure quality of instruction and faculty activities
4. Manages and supports faculty in the role of teacher, mentor, and practitioner
5. Makes occasional on-site visits to classroom/lab and clinical sites to ensure proper instruction is taking place and documenting progress related to those visits
6. Attends the first clinical rotation in a long-term care environment with all first-time instructors without long term care experience
7. Assigns and schedules instructors for multiple course offerings
8. Tracks and maintains clinical contracts for the CNA program
9. Assists in the development of program budgets
10. Acts as the liaison between the clinical partners and Kennesaw State University, ensures clinical site availability
11. Tracks and maintains KPIs including pass rates, end of course evaluations and instructor performance ratings
12. Assists instructors with resolving student issues
13. Serves as the first step in the resolution of all student grievances in the CNA programs
14. Works with department leadership and appropriate staff to determine and communicate staffing, facilities, equipment, and other program needs
15. Attends college-wide events, graduation, recruiting events, and conducts information sessions and webinars
16. Manages the annual auditing and reporting process
17. Arranges and reviews all required documentation for the yearly on-site and/or desktop review
18. Provides for the safe keeping of a system of permanent records and reports essential to the operation of the program for a minimum of two (2) years, which shall include but not be limited to, the following: skills checklist that demonstrates satisfactory performance of all required skills for each student, student records such as attendance, test scores, etc., and instructor records such as license, resume and training
19. Manages student application and approval processes, reviews health and immunization records, and physician statements prior to the start in the program
20. Develops and maintains written policies for admission to, dismissal from, and completion of the program
21. Oversees in-facility test dates scheduled by the program
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education, BSN, or an equivalent combination of relevant education, licensure and/or experience.
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia Registered Nurse license
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Five (5) years of experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN) including at least one (1) year experience in a long-term care environment
Additional Preferred Qualifications
BLS Instructor Certification
Instructor with extensive experience in both nursing and adult education
Extensive knowledge of Nurses Aid Training Program (NATP) standards
Pay Grade: Exempt 07
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with students, instructors, and staff
Able to organize work effectively, to prioritize objectives, and to exercise independent judgment
Able to identify and communicate to instructors targeted areas of growth and opportunities for development
Able to motivate individuals and teams
Able to recognize, assess, and resolve problems
Knowledge of Nurses Aid Training Program (NATP) standards
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=243023&PostingSeq=1