Program Assistant - Part time
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 242958
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion!
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Assists students with questions or inquiries in regards to assigned program(s). Participates in assigned department and University events. Provides administrative support to the assigned department and/or program coordinator.
1. Provides administrative support in the development, implementation, and marketing of program and/or project function
2. Performs clerical and administrative tasks, including creation, typing and editing of program correspondence, purchasing documents, reports, program handbooks, other publications and maintains department files, records and databases
3. Serves as a liaison between students, faculty, staff, departments and external constituencies on day-to-day program, operational and administrative issues
4. Assists with events, meetings, special projects, and problem resolution facilitation
5. Assists with classroom or laboratory set-up
6. Assists with training and oversight of assigned students, volunteers, and/or interns
7. Assists with collecting program data, prepares scheduled and special reports, maintains program and/or project records and statistical information
8. Maintains supplies, equipment and facilities to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities
9. Coordinates, participates and may present in meetings, open house, graduation and other college events as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent
Three (3) years related administrative support experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Previous experience in higher education preferred
Pay Grade: Non-exempt 14
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of and compliance with policies and procedures
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=242958&PostingSeq=1