Administrative & Program Specialist
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
Administrative and Program Specialist
The Carolyn A. and Peter S. Lynch School of Education
Department of Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics and Assessment (MESA) and Department of Formative Education
Administrative & Program Specialist is responsible for the administrative
oversight and daily operations of the Measurement, Evaluation, Statistics and
Assessment (MESA) department and the Formative Education Department within the
Lynch School of Education and Human Development. The Specialist
provides high-level support to the Chair and plays a key role in supporting the
strategic and programmatic planning efforts, including the management of financial
resources. Working closely with the
Chair, Lynch School Graduate Student Services, Graduate Admissions, Office of
Undergraduate Programs, Faculty and Programs Directors, this position is
instrumental for the successful enrollment, retention, and effective student
services and support. .
Department: 055261 - LSEHD MESA and Formative Education Departments
Position: 00010799 - Administrative and Program Specialist- Lynch School
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $44,100 to $55,150; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
* 3-5 years of administration and student services experience
* Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
* Strong problem solving, decision-making and project management skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and "customer service focus"
* Excellent computer skills (Excel, FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Google Suite, learning management systems) and initiative to learn new technologies.
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
* Budget management and resource allocation skills
* Ability to take initiative and work independently to prioritize and complete competing tasks
* Ability to maintain data security and confidentiality of all data at all times
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to create and maintain systems and efficient processes
* Ability to hire, delegate, oversee, follow-up and supervise (valuing diversity)
* Familiarity with Boston College systems is preferred
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.