Research Associate (Hybrid) - Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry
West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Research Associate (hybrid) with the Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry.
About the Opportunity
WVU Health Sciences Center, Department of Behavioral Medicine and Psychiatry, is seeking a Research Associate (RA) to participate in data collection and monitoring while serving as a process-change coach for a 5-year multi-site implementation science research project. Working under the supervision of the Research Program Director, assists with research planning and implementation while also providing coaching support to participating health centers in the field. Responsible for supporting daily operations of a federally-funded multi-site study of integrated care for Opioid Use Disorder and the infectious diseases associated with injection drug use (e.g. HIV, hepatitis C) through 2026. Ensures compliance with protocol and overall objectives. Analyzes and evaluates study data.
We are seeking a flexible, detail-oriented and well-organized candidate who has worked with health clinics and has a background in or understanding of healthcare processes.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and various other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
What you'll do:
- Carries out research within the scope of the established study protocol.
- Adheres to all human subjects regulations as defined by West Virginia University and the federal government that pertain to research studies.
- Travel to meet with multiple stakeholders at multiple research sites (federally-qualified health clinics and community health centers), staggered over project duration; interacts with both internal and external contacts and consultants regarding the multi-site project. Travel will frequently involve overnight stays.
- Participates in weekly meetings related to assessment of research activity progress.
- Assists with determination of site eligibility.
- Coordinates scheduling, logistics and agendas for site visits and meetings with key stakeholders at assigned sites.
- Monitors quality control measures to ensure accurate collection and processing of data.
- Oversees data flow from local sites to WVU.
- Assists with the implementation of the NIATx model at project sites by serving as an expert coach. (training will be provided)
- Assists with statistical analyses of study data.
- Assists with development of presentations and publications.
- Master's Degree in a related discipline;one (1) year of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with HIV/AIDS, viral hepatitis, and addiction and implementation science research preferred.
- Familiarity with clinical research.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Demonstrated reliability, accuracy, and maturity with the ability to work independently, effectively, and efficiently under pressure.
- Proven ability to multi-task while managing complex competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on logistical tasks involving multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with a high level of integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with others in an office as well as community field setting.
Valid driver's license
About Research Corporation
Why WVU Research Corporation?
The WVU Research Corporation (WVURC) was created as a not-for-profit corporation in 1985 to support research (R1) at West Virginia University. We provide evaluation, development, patenting, management, and marketing services for inventions of the faculty, staff and students of the University.
WVURC receives and administers funds awarded by external agencies for research and other activities and is responsible for helping protect intellectual property through patents, copyrights and licensing agreements for startup companies based on University research.
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: May 11, 2022
Posting Classification: Research Corporation
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes