Executive Director, Compensation & HR Information Services
Job No: 497039
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Human Resources
The Executive Director, Compensation & HR Information Services provides strategic direction and oversight of the University's staff compensation program (including executive compensation) and the HR Information Services needs of the University (including oversight of the Human Capital Management system of the Enterprise Resource Platform). The Executive Director leads a team of staff who support these HR functions. This position reports to the Vice President for Human Resources and serves as a member of the HR leadership team.
The Executive Director develops and maintains a program of total compensation that supports the full engagement of staff and is principally responsible for data integrity, documentation, and statistical analysis for core HCM, recruiting, benefits, compensation, and performance and learning management systems. This position collaborates with the Vice President for Human Resources and Provost to support the faculty compensation program as appropriate.
The Executive Director is also responsible for managing technical and reporting support for classification systems, collecting and analyzing survey data on salary and benefits programs, and responding to internal and external requests for information on staffing, compensation, and benefits. This position supports the information services needs of all HR staff. The Executive Director develops, maintains, and provides key metrics and dashboards to the Vice President for Human Resources to inform decision making and day-to-day HR operations.
Compensation Related Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the research and preparation for job evaluations, developing salary ranges that are internally equitable and externally competitive. Monitor compa-ratios and approve recommendations for benchmarks, hiring ranges, and adjusted rates of pay prepared by the compensation staff.
- Prepare and direct staff in preparation of various HR and compensation analytical reports.
- Develop and administer Bucknell's compensation policies in consultation with HR and key University partners.
- Respond to inquiries from supervisors, department heads, and staff relating to compensation and HRIS data.
- Develop compensation and other dashboards for the Vice President for Human Resources to inform decision making and day-to-day HR operations.
- Lead and supervise the Compensation Manager.
- Work closely with the Compensation Manager and the Vice President for Human Resources on salary planning and budgeting for faculty and staff, as well as researching market trends and forecasts to develop the annual merit budget proposal.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Human Resources Services to implement strategic comprehensive staffing reviews across campus.
- Work with talent acquisition staff in the development of career pathing tools to communicate position requirements and skills needed for advancement in specific areas.
- Ensure that compensation practices and HRIS data support the diversity and inclusion goals of the University.
- Proactively plan and implement solutions to ensure that University compensation policies and practices are compliant with local, state, and federal laws.
- Perform other duties as required or appropriate.
- Manage all HR end-user functions and activities associated with the Human Capital Management system, including systems integration within the human resources module and with other modules as appropriate, oversight of data entry standards consistent with other campus offices and business needs, creation and maintenance of rule and validation tables, development of system documentation for end-user purposes, training end users, and testing and implementation of new software releases.
- Develop a strategy to optimize HRIS systems to meet workforce requirements and drive accuracy and insights, identifying opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes and partner with teams across HR, Finance, Provost division, and other key constituents on implementation of solutions.
- Lead and supervise the Assistant Director, HR Information Services, providing expert information system support to all HR staff and recommending process improvements for the effective use of technology across all functional areas. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University's policies and applicable laws; including duties such as interviewing, hiring, training, and coaching employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising and managing performance; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform regular business process reviews to make ongoing suggestions and create action plans.
- Direct and monitor the interface of all HR and Finance office processes in the functional areas of payroll, accounts receivable, and budgeting.
- Oversee sourcing new software programs, implementation, contract renewals, and external vendor management in collaboration with other campus partners such as L&IT, General Counsel, and Procurement.
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to support key HR initiatives through robust analysis and dashboards, ranging from diversity to employee engagement to talent processes.
- Actively contribute to Bucknell's efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive campus community.
- Support and promote the University's sustainability efforts to protect, maintain, and increase the long-term viability and resilience of the University's environmental, social, and economic support systems.
- Participate in campus-wide or department-specific strategic projects, committees, and working groups as needed.
- Perform other duties as required or appropriate.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ten (10) years of relevant and progressive experience in HR, including supervision of staff
- Experience in job evaluation, compensation analysis, and complex HRIS systems
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills as well as outstanding customer service and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to make independent judgments in dealing with a broad spectrum of individuals
- An advanced level of technical proficiency with MS Excel spreadsheet software, and general proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint to effectively gather, interpret, organize, and present data and information
- Report-writing experience and demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to effectively interpret and communicate technical information to a variety of audiences (faculty, staff, administrators, executives)
- Knowledge and use of core HCM systems, and experience with human resources information and compensation analysis systems
- Extreme accuracy and attention to detail, excellent communication and mathematical skills, the ability to multi-task effortlessly in a hectic, team-based environment
- Ability to collaborate, influence, and establish trust with campus partners; previous experience building relationships and working with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong organizational skills; evidence of self-motivation; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, and work both independently and in teams within a service-oriented organization
* Certified Compensation Professional designation or other professional certifications such as PHR, SPHR, CCP, SHRM-SCP, etc.
- Experience in higher education
- Experience with Workday
full-time, benefits eligible. This position will be considered for scheduling flexibility to work in a hybrid capacity based on staffing and business needs.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497039/executive-director-compensation-hr-information-servicesjeid-93dc43543243b445ba6e1a90222f73ad