Kennesaw State University
Laboratory and Research
Job ID: 243243
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Postdoctoral Researchers support teams of KSU faculty and students (undergraduate and graduate students), which engage with external collaborators from other universities, community members, government agencies, and/or private sector entities to stimulate innovation, capacity-building, and sustainability of research and scholarly activity at KSU.
1. - Assists the Family Enterprise Center Research Director in all defined and established research projects
2. - Plans and executes research activities, data analyses, submission of reports or of manuscripts to peer-reviewed publications, and/or attendance and presentation of research findings at appropriate venues of dissemination
3. - Develops and contributes to new ideas for research proposals and directions within the research group
4. - Develops an Individual Development Plan (IDP) in collaboration with faculty mentor
5. - Generates revenue by securing grants and participates in departmental and institutional career development programs, such as grant writing workshops
6. - Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with institutional policies, and federal, state and local regulations
7. - Establishes working relationships and cooperative arrangements with internal and external partners
8. - Engages in research and publication
9. - Responsible for teaching qualified courses and may include lecture components, as assigned
Has completed a terminal degree (Ph.D.) from an AACSB accredited doctoral program with a research and dissertation focus on family business or family enterprise systems at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin. An emphasis in entrepreneurship studies is a plus.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Has demonstrated specific research interests in family firms, family succession and governance. An emphasis in entrepreneurship studies is a plus.
- Has a demonstrated academic publishing record in key family business, entrepreneurship and/or higher education pedagogy journals
- Has demonstrated a strong ability to teach at the undergraduate level in a variety of management topic areas, most specifically in family business/enterprise and/or entrepreneurship
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously to meet assigned deadlines
Demonstrated ability to carry out independent and collaborative research on a team of faculty and students with the ability to meet deliverables and milestones
Demonstrated creative and proactive approach towards problem solving
Knowledge of and experience in general analytical methods development and good analytical practices
Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
Outstanding proposal and paper writing skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Refer to the department specific Research Addendum for additional KSA information
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=243243&PostingSeq=1