Administrative Support Assistant III (Oro Valley, AZ)
Posting Number: req9963
Department: Vet Med Administration
Location: Outside of Tucson
Address: 1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona's College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants to apply for the position of Administrative Support Assistant III. This position provides high quality and responsive administrative support to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Director of Admissions and Student Affairs. This position will perform critical functions in supporting the CVM with daily activities. The position requires initiative, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work independently as well as to participate collaboratively as a team member. The successful candidate will be competent using a variety of computer software programs; have a high proficiency and comfort in multi-tasking; possess a strong customer service orientation; and have strong oral and written communication skills. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high capacity to respond to requests in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion. This position will serve as a point of contact for many in and outside of the college and it is imperative that all are treated with respect and feel welcome.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate daily operations that support the College's education and academic missions.
- Work with the Assistant Dean of
Student Affairs, Director of Admissions and Student Affairs, and program coordinators to plan and prioritize activities within programs to meet deadlines.
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and the Director of Admissions and Student Affairs, such as timesheet approval, leave and absence requests, hiring, annual performance review, P&T review, and teaching evaluations following University policies and procedures.
- Support faculty teaching activities including course offerings, textbook ordering, and new program development.
- Serve as a primary contact to assist program faculty in carrying out their academic activities.
- Schedule program meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Purchase program supplies.
- Monitor program budgets and allocations of resources.
- Assist faculty with travel arrangements and reimbursements.
- Serve as a liaison between faculty, staff, students, UA organizations, outside agencies, and the public to assure courteous and professional communications and timely responses to requests.
- Work with proper offices and individuals in our College and University to promote faculty's work.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to the Associate Deans and the Chief of Staff to ensure efficiencies and compliance with University and regulatory agencies' policies and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Drupal skills.
- Knowledge of databases, calendar scheduling systems, mobile devices, working in a networked environment, and the Internet.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, respond positively to unanticipated changes, and meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal and communications skills.
- Writing/editing skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy of information.
- Ability to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Understanding of UA business manual and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- 5 years of directly related administrative experience.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field AND one year of directly related administrative experience.
- Experience with University of Arizona policies and procedures or at a higher education institution.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.70 - $22.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.