IT Services Architect, College of Humanities
Posting Number: req10011
Department: Humanities Administration
Location: Main Campus
Address: Modern Languages Building, 1423 E University Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsThe College of Humanities (COH) is seeking a collaborative and organized individual for the role of IT Services Architect/Coordinator within the COH-IT team. The ideal applicant will have strong communication skills and a sense of dedication to continuously enhancing our service and support offerings for the faculty and staff within the College.
This position has four foci:
Coordinate the progress of technical projects with the IT team to ensure consistency in work, continuous improvements in process, and dedication to project completion.
Audit records and workflow processes, create and improve data being generated, and analyze data to find ways to improve IT service offerings. Advanced analysis will be performed in an array of statistical and reporting toolsets.
Work with units within the College to understand and define needs where technology would be an asset to their workflows. Assist in designing and implementing solutions using available toolsets or services.
COH-IT is a diverse and awesome team that provides a strong, collaborative environment and operates in a laid back, relaxed setting, even under tight deadlines and high pressure.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide solutions to faculty and staff using IT services offered on campus/college and recommend the most appropriate and secure method to resolve reported issue.
- Coordinate internal projects and deployments with team.
- Update content, configuration, and documentation for internal IT service offerings including websites, data, access security lists, campus group lists, etc.
- Meet with units to provide solutions around process improvements and aid in completing recurring audits around IT services.
- Pull and analyze data from internal and campus sources for service trends and improvements.
- Website coding and analytics.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skill in English composition, grammar, spelling, and punctuation (written and verbal).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience with computing technologies such as Windows/MacOS, Office365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Suite, Qualtrics, Box.
- Experience with website development in Drupal and Wordpress.
- Experience with data processing and analysisusing statistical software, such as R or SPSS.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
- Experience working in an institution of higher education.
- Experience using technology for workflow or business process management.
- Experience with research support of linguistic analysis.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $56,000 - $60,000 DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please upload attachments for resume and cover letter, do not enter free form on website.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.