IAM Systems and Directory Administrator
Provide administration and maintenance of enterprise directories used for authentication, authorization, and data retrieval in order to support mission critical campus applications. Evaluate new technologies and assist in planning and integration of those technologies with enterprise directories. Provide technical assistance to customers and stakeholders using directories. Develop software to improve directory performance and management.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent training and work experience
- Experience with Identity and Access Management tools, processes, and support and the ability to provide leadership to technical and project teams
- Must have analytical and organizational skills and the ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts, and propose solutions to problems.
- Experience with software configuration management tools.
- Ability to work on multiple, complex projects both independently as well as in a strong agile team setting
- Excellent communication skills for communicating technical subject matter to a variety of audiences with varying technical backgrounds.
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management and LDAP best practices.
- Experience administrating OpenLDAP.
- Experience integrating LDAP/AD servers with applications and network appliances.
- Experience with Java software development.
- Experience working in the Identity and Access Management domain.
- Experience working with Kerberos and RADIUS authentication.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and Subversion.
- Strong understanding of data management strategy, attribute, and role-based access.
- Familiarity with device certificate-based network authentication.
- Experience with SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, FIDO2.0 and/or WebAuthn.
- Experience with XML, JSON, and RESTFul Web Services.
- Experience with Kanban, Agile, and BDD project and development methodologies.
Commensurate on experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Amber Pifer at firstname.lastname@example.org regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.