Founding Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a leading international university ranked 3 rd by Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2022 and 34 th by QS World University Rankings 2022. HKUST establishes HKUST(GZ) in Guangzhou, China (hkust-gz.edu.cn). HKUST(GZ) synergizes with and maintains the same academic standard as HKUST. Microelectronics Thrust is an academic department in HKUST(GZ) and focuses on integrating novel devices into circuits, architecting information systems, and automating their designs and optimizations. English is the instruction and administration medium at HKUST(GZ), and a good command of written and spoken English is required.
Openings in Microelectronics Thrust are tenured/tenure-track positions at the ranks of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor with the following basic requirements.
- Applicants of tenure-track Assistant Professor should demonstrate strong research and teaching potentials.
- Applicants of Associate Professor should have a proven record in research, teaching, student supervision, and funding.
- Applicants of Professor should have world-class academic achievements, international academic leadership, and an established track record in teaching, student supervision and funding.
Applicants should have a PhD degree and research in areas such as the following.
- Electronic design automation; photonic design automation; hardware-software codesign; modeling and simulation technology
- Processor, memory, and storage system architecture; reconfigurable architecture; interconnection network; multiprocessor
- HPC and data center; embedded system; system-on-chip; system-in-package; power management; thermal management
- Quantum computing; neural computing; approximate computing
- Compilation techniques; operating system; system software
- RF/mm-Wave/terahertz technology; integrated photonic circuit; memory device; quantum device; emerging technology
Salary is of international standard and highly competitive. Generous research funding, ample laboratory space, and excellent research equipment and support will be provided. All the positions are in mainland China and offered by the HKUST(GZ) in accordance with the local employment laws and regulations. The appointments to Full Professor and Associate Professor will be made on substantive basis. The initial appointments to Assistant Professor will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to three years, and re-appointments thereafter will be subject to performance and mutual agreement.
Applications should be submitted at https://facrecruit.hkust.edu.hk which will be open until the positions are filled. If there is any question, please contact the Acting Department Head, Prof. Jiang Xu, at email@example.com. HKUST(GZ) is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We strongly encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. You can find a list of our existing faculty at https://facultyprofiles.hkust-gz.edu.cn/thrust-faculties?code=10011A10000000000H22.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB